The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hagyard MidSouth Team Challenge Wait Listed

I just went to the www.kyevents.net website and found that the event entries for Team Challenge are aready full.

I am very happy for the Organizer, but my team members did not get their entries in on time. Unless they get bumped up the list, I will be looking for another team.

Anyone looking for a fourth?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Kudos to the Organizers filling up and about your team not getting signed up in time. I hope you do get to ride though Good Luck!
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Not to change the subject, but did I count right??? Is there REALLY only FOUR of us in the P3DE??? Sad....kudos to the MidSouth for holding it.

Auburn- want to do Novice? My friend's team needs a fourth.

YB- I was debating between the 1* and the P3D then realized I didn't have the money for either . So just HT for us. I will cheer for you steeplechase morning!!

Can't wait to get back to the horse park!!
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO - you're on course!

HER,

I wish that I could be ready for Novice. I saw the kind of course that Novice had last year. Nope. I definitely cannot be ready for that kind of course in 5 weeks.

This week, I just started back riding for the first time in two months. Of course, Tess has been doing well with Madeline B. aboard, but I have been doing nada. I re-instated my gym membership, too, so I should be good to go for BN.

Thank you for the offer, though.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

I couldn't believe how quickly it filled this year but it's great news for the organizers! My DD is riding on a BN team that may need a 4th rider. DD is a college student and the other riders are full fledged grown ups.

If you're interested let me know and I'll PM you the contact details!
    Last edited by eventersmom; Sep. 21, 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: To clarify info
    A horse may be coaxed to drink, but a pencil must be lead.

I am so glad you are riding again! I was excited to see your name on the entry list! Staying at a level you are comfortable is always best!
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO - you're on course!

Wow, just shows how much pent up demand in Lexington due to WEG!

I'm so excited! It looks like 34 are in the T3D!

Auburn, it is indeed wonderful to see you on the entry list again. Go Tess!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    Not to change the subject, but did I count right??? Is there REALLY only FOUR of us in the P3DE??? Sad....kudos to the MidSouth for holding it.

I think I counted five of us... Either way it is very sad that it is not being more strongly supported. I have a feeling that the P3D may not be around for much longer. The T3D seems to be well supported but it looks like once the P3D lost FEI recognition intrest in participating has dropped. I personally foundthe P3D more appealing then the FEI 1star in that there is MUCH less paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by EventingChase View Post
    I think I counted five of us... Either way it is very sad that it is not being more strongly supported. I have a feeling that the P3D may not be around for much longer. The T3D seems to be well supported but it looks like once the P3D lost FEI recognition intrest in participating has dropped. I personally foundthe P3D more appealing then the FEI 1star in that there is MUCH less paperwork
    It's very disappointing to have the biggest competition of my year (and the thing I've been trying to do for 8 years!) be so so small. I know the experience of it will be worth it, but it wish there were more people doing it.

That is really too bad about the P3D. I wish more people would support it. There's still quite a few pros in the T3D which I think is cool, but you don't even NEED to do a * to do a **, so it would be great if people would support the long format.

YB - When it's all said and done, you will have experienced the biggest thrill of your life, know your horse and yourself handled a long format * (minus the FEI crap) and you won't care that there's only 5 people.

If I had the horse and the funds to make it there and play, I would enter it instead of the * in a heartbeat.

The issue is that the P3DE doesn't "qualify" for anything.

If you ask a bunch of the competitors why they are doing the * instead of the 3 day they will say their coach said the P3DE isn't a qualifier for anything and to do the *.

Never mind that most of the people aren't really qualifying for anything that they'll be doing in the near future, if ever.... If the coaches don't encourage the riders to train and compete in the 3 day it won't fill.

I agree with LAZ. Kevin did the P 3d at VA this spring and we didn't care if it didn't qualify him for anything!! It qualified him as a more rounded better educated rider & horseman. If and when he wants to do a 2* then we'll worry about it. He would be doing the P 3D @ Mid South too except his school schedule is a bear this semester.

Jackie

I don't know about US, but FEI and EC qualifiers call for a CCI* OR a CIC** in order to do a CCI**... so you can actually skip * altogether.

Actually, I don't think it even has to be a CCI...I think you can use a CIC*, which is why I attempted (sigh) to do the CIC at Plantation. I have this all somewhere....

Oh well...I have a feeling steeplechase will be very educational for BOTH of us, so I am looking forward to that. Can't say so about R and T (Vernon HATES trot sets, so I can't imagine he'll be much fun to ride)....

I have a wait list concern. My shipper and the person I'm staying with down there have been waitlisted. Right now we're both freaking. I really hope she gets in. I wish there was a way to add more time in the day so more people can compete.

Yellowbritches I had hoped to be in the P3DE but I seem to have SJ issues that are preventing me from getting qualifying scores so until I get the SJ figured out it's the T3DE for me.
    I thought the rule had been changed so that the P3DE was a qualifying score now.
    I hope more people enter so they still hold the P3DE in the future.

A and C is WAY more fun that trot sets. For one thing, it's a totally new place. For another, you get to canter a bit and walk a bit. You get to watch other people go xc and steeplechase, and if Vernon is anything like Roux, you get to try to hold on while he's practicing his acrobatics while horses are galloping B DIRECTLY beside you

I sent my entry in on Sept 8th (the day after it opened) and I'm not on the entry list I'm a little freaked out right now.
    Harmonys Maestro: 1992-2008 RIP
    Morally Grey - Training level here we come

With so many people going for the week I wonder if it'd be possible to do Novice earlier or more spread out so that more people can do it.