The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Alley Cat Rescue, Inc. R The National Cat Protection Association: Action Alert: Rosec

breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

This is till/ an ongoing problem
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Indeed it is a huge problem and Forgotten Cats www.forgottencats.org is also trying to put a dent in it. They operate clinics in Claymont, DE and Willow Grove, PA and have way too many cats that need barn homes asap.

If anyone within a 2 hour drive from either location would take a couple of cats they will deliver them to you, set up the crate and show you how to acclimate them for 3-4 weeks.

There is a desperate plea for good homes for these cats, some are possibly able to be friendly with some work. Otherwise they'll still make great mousers. It's urgent that you contact us now before winter or they won't have good winter coats.

You can email me at TruckParts19311@aol.com and this is only for the Mid Atlantic region near the Claymont, DE or Willow Grove, PA 2 hour drive zone.

Thumbs up just need trap watchers now

My friend who, is VERY INVOLVED IN CAT RESCUE TELLS ME they need people , then to notify someone when a cat is in the trap; someone else will then come; throw a towel over the trap and take cat and trap to a participating vet ; of course they then will need a farm to be taken to
    breeder of Mercury!

When the cats are VERY hungry you can open a can of cat food, put it in the back of the trap and catch them very quickly. We usually use a sheet to cover the trap completely so they don't head butt till they get a concussion. I've seen 2 tom cats do that. We can stay in the area, wait an hour or 2 and take them directly to the clinic, since Forgotten Cats has their own clinics. We do have people travel 2 hours to the clinics. It's pretty hard to make an appointment when you deal with feral cats. We have set days and hours for our clinics which are subject to change so you do want to make sure that you know they will be open in case you trap on a non clinic day. They are open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and you have to go in the early morning, around 9 am and the clinic may be sterilizing 30-50 cats on any clinic day.

If anyone needs help locally, in or near Delaware you can call 302 429-0124 and local to Willow Grove & Philly, PA call 215 219-8148

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    My friend who, is VERY INVOLVED IN CAT RESCUE TELLS ME they need people , then to notify someone when a cat is in the trap; someone else will then come; throw a towel over the trap and take cat and trap to a participating vet ; of course they then will need a farm to be taken to