The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Royal Blend

Looking at the Celle stallions at Spruce Meadows, Royal Blend really caught my eye. Does anyone know what his semen quality is like? I seem to remember a chestnut son of Rotspon that didn't have great frozen semen quality, was it him or am I imagining things?
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

I am curious too, Cindy, because I own several doses of RB. I really like him in the pics from Spruce Meadows.

I am also curious to hear feedback on his offspring - how they compare to Rascalino and Rotspon. Anyone?

Me, three.

Lot 21 has Arkansas as the damsire and Royal Blend as the sire in the Fall Classic sale. I bet the owner did the breeding himself so would be a good person to ask.
    Last edited by stoicfish; Sep. 13, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

I think Re Primeur did not have good semen quality?

I also really liked RB. Beautiful horse with a super canter.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    I also really liked RB. Beautiful horse with a super canter.
    His trot wasn't half bad either.

My friend, a lover of horses and a rider, fell totally head over heels in love with RB.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

His trot wasn't half bad either.

Yah, beautiful horse all around. Plus, who can resist a chromed out liver chestnut!?
    www.svhanoverians.com

I agree my eye kept getting drawn to him too.
    Some of it was his deep voice
    Here he is with daddy (Rotspon)
    http://formosussporthorses.ca/stallion/RBRot.jpg
    and warming up:
    http://formosussporthorses.ca/stallion/Rpir.jpg
    http://formosussporthorses.ca/stallion/Rwalk.jpg

I have always been drawn to Royal Blend - but then, I am a sucker for a chestnut, esp. one with a bit of chrome.

Has anyone here in N.A. used him yet?

I know he is well thought of by the Verband, and by German breeders. He is also producing quite a few SPS mares as well as good riding horses.

Did I see a blurb someplace that Celle referred to RB as their "most successful stallion"? Did they mean in terms of the number of mares he is attracting?

Bumping this thread up.

Any NA breeders successful with Royal Blend frozen semen? What are the mares you had in mind when you purchased his semen?

He is one of the contenders for my De Niro mare, if I go with Celle stallions in 2013 for her.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

I recently sold my Royal Blend semen to a friend. Her mare is pregnant. So, I guess the semen can work.

1 members found this post helpful.

My vet has used RB semen on 2 mares and both times they caught 1st cycle. One was a filly who has become Elite Candidate HanV mare. The other was a lovely colt, gelded and sold. I have RB semen in my tank.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

There was a beautiful RB mare that won the Hanoverian mare show this year at Spruce, lovely mare with a very good walk and very beautiful and large framed. She was domestically bred. To be honest though she acted like a nutjob the entire time she was there.
    www.svhanoverians.com

Lauries Crusador is the strong influence in this horse. If you want an AA type horse, you need a calming influence from the damline for the best results; otherwise you're going to get some spice and pizzazz. RB himself is a sensitive and light ride and frankly it's this very thing that has drawn you all to him. Every RB I have seen are sensitive (which is not a bad thing, especially if you're good with those types of horses), except if the dam had a superior calming influence. And, FWIW, it's not the first time I have seen a Rubinstein being unable to calm a strong TB influence. Breed to RB if you are a calm, sensitive and skillful handler/rider; otherwise, breed to RB if you have calm and quiet mare.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

Quote Originally Posted by rodawn View Post
    Lauries Crusador is the strong influence in this horse. If you want an AA type horse, you need a calming influence from the damline for the best results; otherwise you're going to get some spice and pizzazz. RB himself is a sensitive and light ride and frankly it's this very thing that has drawn you all to him. Every RB I have seen are sensitive (which is not a bad thing, especially if you're good with those types of horses), except if the dam had a superior calming influence. And, FWIW, it's not the first time I have seen a Rubinstein being unable to calm a strong TB influence. Breed to RB if you are a calm, sensitive and skillful handler/rider; otherwise, breed to RB if you have calm and quiet mare.

I don't know what the dam's breeding was to be honest. Sensitive is good and who knows, maybe it was just an off day. I have a three year old that can throw a pretty rank tantrum too and so who knows what she will be like next year at Spruce lol. But fwiw I had my hot and sensitive Londonderry mare there, first time off the property, along with another 4 year old that has never been anywhere either and while they were feeling good they were totally behaved and well mannered both in the barn and in the ring.

I did see RB himself there a few years ago as well, he was definitely a bit hotter than the other stallions in the group but then I have no idea how much experience he has at international venues...and they were in the international ring with bands, tonnes of people ect ect.
    www.svhanoverians.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Bumping this thread up as I am caught again in "stallion shopping" for the 2014 breedings

I can't find many Royal Blend offsprings in NA. Do you know more? Who among you have seen him in person, at work and could speak to me more about him?
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

I know someone who has one out of a Furst Hienrich mare ... at 18 months the filly was 17hh so something to be aware of, this particular breeding turned out a foal that is huge.

I saw Royal Blend at Spruce Meadows two years ago. He is moderate size and has wonderful movement. I thought he was a stand-out. As far as throwing size, Rotspon seems to be inconsistent in that department, so it wouldn't surprise me if Royal Blend is as well.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com