The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fall Classic Sale

http://www.fallclassicsale.com/index...125&Itemid=119

My birthday is comming up. Lot #2 would do the trick.

I am sort of fascinated by the 4 yr old Contender daughter. I had thought it was hard to find a young Contender mare...and this one is in foal to Quidam De Revel....which is also rare, or I had at least thought? This mare recieved 9's at her MPT in Germany through the chute and the reserve is only 20K?
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    I am sort of fascinated by the 4 yr old Contender daughter. I had thought it was hard to find a young Contender mare...and this one is in foal to Quidam De Revel....which is also rare, or I had at least thought? This mare recieved 9's at her MPT in Germany through the chute and the reserve is only 20K?
    I would suggest that she may not be in foal, hence the price, but of course the contacts are there to confirm her status for sure. She looks really nice!!
    It does not surprise me about finding such horses in Alberta. It has been my experience that people tend to keep things very low key, but they are definitely out there.
    There are several other well bred horses, and I just hope there are buyers. There have been some absolute steals in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by stoicfish View Post
    I would suggest that she may not be in foal, hence the price, but of course the contacts are there to confirm her status for sure.
    She apparently is not in foal. The ad says she was bred to Quidam but is open. So she either did not take or lost it.

so many nice horses selected for this years sale. Makes me sad that I am going to miss it, but happy that I won't be tempted to be there to bid.

Great initiative taken by the people in Alberta. Quality improves from year to year and everybody should take a regular look at what is on the market here in America. Prices are also generaly realy reasonnable.

Did anybody attend the sale? I went on Saturday to look around a bit, but wasn't able to attend on Sunday. I'm not ready to buy yet, but I did have my eye on a few and would love to hear how the bidding went.

Yes, I know they will post results, but I'm impatient! :-)

Hey,
    I attended the sale and was really impressed with some of the quality going through! I got a bidder card but lucky for my wallet the prices went higher on those I wanted!
    Let me know if you have questions.. I can remember the prices on some of the nicer horses. Some of the two year olds did not sell, nor did some of the broodies in foal.
    Did not seem to be many buy backs though!!

The Contender mare was *OUTSTANDING* and she went for $22,000!! A STEAL for someone! There was a bidding war on for her and I think she would have gone higher since the winner seemed pretty intent on getting her!

Lot #2 - The Quaterback -I believe he went for 12k or 13k? In that range anyway.. he was a cutie for sure.
    It's really nice to see the Canadian Breeders putting some of those higher interest bloodlines into the market!
    Last edited by Ssporthorses; Oct. 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: forgot to add the horse i was talking about..

I wasn't able to make it unfortunately but am very curious as to what lot # 78 " Royal Ritz" went for? He was at my place for training this summer and was such a sweet boy..curious if he sold.

Was the Quaterback a really nice mover?

Not surprised re Contender mare. Was she the high seller?

Cool, thanks!

I liked 20, 33, 54, 64, and 90. Apparently I like Eastern Ruler babies!

20 was a pretty little bay gelding, just my type, not too big.
    33 plain dark bay hunter mare. Just seemed like a sweetheart, would make a nice little hunter.
    54 probably the one I would have bought. Just loved her. Greeen, but sweet and willing. Looks just like my childhood horse. Probably not the best reason to like a horse! ;-)
    64 WAY too big, but I liked him as well. Same sire as lot 54
    90 Just liked her. Plain, green, and I didn't feel she was terribly well shown. I probably would have bid on her hoping for a bargain.

Then again, I really dont' know anything about picking out a horse, these are just a couple that I got to see in my quick stopover.
    Last edited by Mini_Me; Oct. 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Apparently I really can't type today. Oops!

Royal Ritz sold quite well, I believe he was one of the higher sellers for performance horses.. I may be mixing him up with another horse but he may have gone for 18k (either that or 23k)

#20 was really nice.. he went for a steal (unless he was a buy back) at around 9000

Dont' remember the eastern ruler prices but I think they all sold under 10k

#90 was ADORABLE.. I'm not sure her price, it was over 5k for sure because that was my budget and I left once it hit that since she was the last horse

Sorry for my confusion with these, my girlfriend took the program home with her that had all the prices written in it... whoops

To be frank... I did not LOVE the Quaterback.. he was nice and had some flashy moments but I'm certain there are nicer offspring out there.

Thanks!

Glad to know I'm not out to lunch on 20 and 90. Under 10k for the Eastern Rulers? :-( Man, I wish I could have bid!

Royal Ritz sold quite well, I believe he was one of the higher sellers for performance horses.. I may be mixing him up with another horse but he may have gone for 18k (either that or 23k)

Thats wonderful! I hope he went to a great home!

Is someone able to post a list of all of the prices?
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Lot 2 (the Quaterback) went for $12,500.00. A friend sent me th PDF of the results, I don't know how to link it. I'm sure there is a way but I am tech challenged..
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Mozart,
    you should be able to just highlight all the results off the document and cut and paste them into a message? Might work!

I just talked to the owner of Royal Ritz. I guess he was the high seller at 26 k!

Something doesn't jiive. High seller is reported as Good as Gold going for $18,000-then a few hours later another update on Royal Ritz being the high seller...
    Wonder when the official list will go out...
    Last edited by Formosus; Oct. 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM.