The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Creepy Man in the pasture.

My son drove in yesterday morning to find a man relieving himself in our pasture! It was mid morning and we live on a fairly busy road. He was in his 40's, dressed for jogging and in the helpful description from my son, 'looked like a creeper.' The guy shook the dew off, leaped through the fence, gave my son a sort of sheepish wave and ran off before my son could get out of the car or turn around.

To get to this part of the pasture, he had to come in through our gate, up our driveway and climb through post and rail fence where my horses were grazing. He was also only about 300 feet from my house, in full view of my neighbor's house who has 3 little kids so it's not like he was getting any privacy.

We're also only about 1/4 mile from the fire station and our local country store.

Ew.

You do have no tresspassing signs, do you?
    Tell your son to take some pictures next time and make a police report.
    If something later goes missing or there is any other trouble, they will have a record of the tresspassing, if nothing else.

Maybe he just had to go right then, but surely he could have found a more discrete place to do so, maybe behind a tree, or bush, don't you think?

Weird.

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Weird.
    Very.

Too bad you don't have a really cranky bull in that pasture isn't it?
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Very odd and definitely letting his freak flag fly.

Oh, ewww. Is your son SURE he was "relieving himself"?

No trespassing signs. Electric wire. Big, snarling dog. Police. Shotgun. Eww, eww, ewwwww.
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Oh, ewww. Is your son SURE he was "relieving himself"?
    Oh ICK ICK ICK

This is sort of like that Child in my Pasture thread, but weirder.

Photos, dogs, signs, etc. If you have a nasty/territorial horse, maybe it's time for them to move into that pasture . . . ? A trainer I knew had problems with people camping in her field (cyclists on multi-day rides, mostly). She turned out a funny old mare in that field and one cyclist found his little tent being dragged across the paddock on night by a force unseen . . . to him. Word spread, I guess, because she never had much of a problem after that.
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/Ashley26

"You keep one leg on one side, the other leg on the other side, and your mind in the middle." -- Henry Taylor, "Riding Lesson"

TOO WEIRD ~ Report this incident to the police ~ start a paper trail ~ and alert neighbors ~ can not be too careful ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Well call me a redneck, but y'all need to relax about some guy leaving a little bit of pee on your land.

Look, the guy acknowledged your son and looked embarrassed. He's in touch with social mores.

And when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. One looks for privacy, of course, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Do you think really straight when you have to pee, like, really, really bad?

If you only knew some of the places I have dropped trow on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.... and also not nowhere.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

1 members found this post helpful.

I think the strange part is that he wasn't up against a tree or anything but rather in the open in the field. Or at least that is how the OP read. Believe me, I've played nature girl on many occasions but I do try to be fairly discreet, even when I'm feeling the effects of some adult beverages. Bushes and trees are our friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Well call me a redneck, but y'all need to relax about some guy leaving a little bit of pee on your land.
    I've never met a redneck that will go through an ingate, up a driveway, and through a post-and-rail fence to pee in plain view in a pasture. Most rednecks I know would find a proper bush by the side of the road.

Given how far onto your property he went JUST TO PEE, I would be a little creeped. Not majorly creeped, but enough to keep my eye out for him in the future and if I saw him again, I'd call the cops. It could be a jogger who was hoping to make it to your front door to beg to use your bathroom and just didn't quite make it, or it could be a peeping Tom/indecent exposure type.

Question mvp re-read where he whizzed & and how he got there

Quote Originally Posted by chai View Post
    My son drove in yesterday morning to find a man relieving himself in our pasture! It was mid morning and we live on a fairly busy road. He was in his 40's, dressed for jogging and in the helpful description from my son, 'looked like a creeper.' The guy shook the dew off, leaped through the fence, gave my son a sort of sheepish wave and ran off before my son could get out of the car or turn around.

To get to this part of the pasture, he had to come in through our gate, up our driveway and climb through post and rail fence where my horses were grazing. He was also only about 300 feet from my house, in full view of my neighbor's house who has 3 little kids so it's not like he was getting any privacy.

We're also only about 1/4 mile from the fire station and our local country store.

Ew.
    Weird and not OK ~ just peeing ~ due to location ~ re-read where he was and how he got there to his pee spot !~

Quote Originally Posted by jn4jenny View Post
    I've never met a redneck that will go through an ingate, up a driveway, and through a post-and-rail fence to pee in plain view in a pasture. Most rednecks I know would find a proper bush by the side of the road.

Given how far onto your property he went JUST TO PEE, I would be a little creeped. Not majorly creeped, but enough to keep my eye out for him in the future and if I saw him again, I'd call the cops. It could be a jogger who was hoping to make it to your front door to beg to use your bathroom and just didn't quite make it, or it could be a peeping Tom/indecent exposure type.
    Exactly...

Yeah, I hear you. What *guy* goes way into someone's place and into the middle of a field to wiz? Don't they usually like some kind of target?

I'll take creepy if you like, but stoopid is so much easier.

It would be nice to catch the already embarrassed guy and ask him WTF. In those very terms.

In fact, I had an occasion where that did just fine. I walk out of a grocery store and see some random guy in my unlocked, nuthin'-sexy-inside-or-outside old truck. Definitely a little freaked out. But it's ride so what was I going to do? Wait around to see what happened next?

I walked up, opened the driver's side door and said "Dude! WTF?!?" He said, "Oh, I thought this was my brother's truck." Me, "Yeah, well you're creeping me out. Get the F out." So he did. Problem solved with the help of the F word. No muss, no fuss.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

lol, mvp, maybe he was aiming at the horse buns on the ground, but the weird thing is that there are bushes by the road but instead of tucking in there, he came in through the gate and climbed through a very tight squeeze in our fence line to go into the pasture.

Maybe I'll let our guard donkeys out in that pasture this week. Two braying donkeys coming at you full speed ahead with their ears pinned back and heads down in attack position might give him the message. Keep out. Our fence line is actually posted by the road but he ignored it.

We did call the police because we've had people come into our property to see the horses before, but this was one of two very odd occurances in the past few years.

I told DH that someone from COTH saw him running this morning. He only laughed when I read him the thread.

I would be creeped out by how far on your property he was. If it was a tree by the front gate, not so creepy.

Maybe the guy had gotten in trouble for peeing in public before while running and wanted to make sure he wasn't caught peeing in public again?

OP, are you in SE VA?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Jingles for the "PEE MAN" to pee on his own tree ~