The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tyrone Farm Hunter Pace - Pomfret, CT

Ok it's that time of year again!! So here is a Roll Call for the 2010 Tyrone Farm Hunter Pace in Pomfret, CT! It is the weekend after the CT Ride for the Cure and it is held at the same farm as Ride for the Cure.

For those of you who have not gone before i HIGHLY RECOMMEND attending!! The farm is gorgeous and the neighbors who own the country estates around the farm allow the farm to run the hunter pace through their land. I'm not sure how long the pace is since it changes every year but it usually takes us about an hour and 45 minutes to make it through and we do Hilltoppers with a 13h welsh pony and a full size 17h OTTB (we're quite the sight out there!!)

If you are into jumping there are gorgeous x-country fences, ditches, logs, banks, etc to jump along the way. The pace also traves down long-lost old carriage roads that are still out in the woods.

It really is a spectacular ride and the footing should be GREAT this year since we have had a very dry summer.

The pace is $50 for the ride and it includes a DELICIOUS BBQ chicken dinner complete with homemade apple crisp for dessert!

The pace is on October 9th.

Entries can be made online but you can also mail them with payment (there is a deadline). More information can be found here at the farm's website (click EQUINE EVENTS)

http://www.tyronefarm.com/

Hope to see everyone there!!

I highly recommend this Pace!!! It's a blast and the farm and surrounding countryside are beautiful!!!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Heavenly! I have an aunt that lives not too far from there.

I wish I could plan a trip just to watch. I adore that area, it's so very beautiful.
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~