The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Let's see your Selle Francais'! :)

This is Lizzie, or Pardon My French.
    It's the 1 year anniversary of the day I sold her to a lady in Oklahoma
    I had gotten the mare for free -- literally -- when a client dropped her off at my trainer's barn 3 three years prior. When I was first told to jump on her she had already gotten the reputation from the older girls who rode her first of being a spontaneous lunatic due to her quirky, spooky actions and her 17.3 hand stance.
    And then one day I came to the barn and my trainer, told me to try her out. Some how, I built up the courage to hop on her and everything felt right the second the lesson with my trainer started. I can't say it was a perfect going from that point on of course because I've had some of the most tragic falls of my life from this huge but awesome horse, but the teamwork she and I learned to create over the 3 years I had her has taught me more than any other horse. She was a truely special horse
    Here she isss...
    (sorry these links are so big!)
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4368250_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7094383_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8233237_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3903122_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3588858_n.jpg
    That last one's my favorite

So kudos to everyone who read my rambling haha!! Anyways, let's see your beautiful Selle Francais!
    Last edited by The Big Bay Mare; Sep. 7, 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: grammer
    THE NUMBER ONE REASON HORSES ARE BETTER THAN BOYS:
    a horse will love you forever!

She is gorgeous!

I don't have any pictures to share... My girl is a Quarter Horse

Lol!

I got the ride on my girl because she also had the "nut-job" reputation. We got along pretty well and I decided to buy her! She's talented as the day is long, enjoys working, definitely has an opinion, and is a total love bug. Plus she's got the greatest big floppy ears that bounce in time to her rhythm when she's relaxed. Does make it hard to find fly masks though... lol. She's registed with the Canadian Sport Horse Association due to the NASFA going away. She's a 2003 15.2 1/2 Ilian de Taute daughter who everyone thinks is something like 16.2hh until they stand next to her, she moves so much like a bigger horse and totally has the presence to make up for her dainty/sporty size.

Trotting a week before the rotational fall and suspensory injury.

Jumping, May 2010... came into the line with too much gas, was still trying to whoa at the base (bad Mommy)

Jumping, Nov 2009, soft, relaxed, and bored at 2'6

Snow Day! Jan 2010

Playing outside, Mar 2010... this is probably one of my favorite pics of her at liberty, looooove that trot!
    "Beware the hobby that eats."
    Benjamin Franklin

I had one that was a cross. Does that count? He was truly the best horse ever.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27221...00844553jlMYXb

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20938...00844553xOvPUY

playing in the jumpers! http://pets.webshots.com/photo/25287...00844553DRxzsE

Quote Originally Posted by JumpWithPanache View Post
    I got the ride on my girl because she also had the "nut-job" reputation. We got along pretty well and I decided to buy her! She's talented as the day is long, enjoys working, definitely has an opinion, and is a total love bug. Plus she's got the greatest big floppy ears that bounce in time to her rhythm when she's relaxed. Does make it hard to find fly masks though... lol. She's registed with the Canadian Sport Horse Association due to the NASFA going away. She's a 2003 15.2 1/2 Ilian de Taute daughter who everyone thinks is something like 16.2hh until they stand next to her, she moves so much like a bigger horse and totally has the presence to make up for her dainty/sporty size.

Trotting a week before the rotational fall and suspensory injury.

Jumping, May 2010... came into the line with too much gas, was still trying to whoa at the base (bad Mommy)

Jumping, Nov 2009, soft, relaxed, and bored at 2'6

Snow Day! Jan 2010

Playing outside, Mar 2010... this is probably one of my favorite pics of her at liberty, looooove that trot!
    She's gorgeous and reminds me so much of Lizzie! Especially that trotting picture, you can really see how much shoulder these guys have.

Keep sharing!
    THE NUMBER ONE REASON HORSES ARE BETTER THAN BOYS:
    a horse will love you forever!

Have several wonderful Selle Francais' that can be seen on our farm's website - www.chadalefarms.com. (I don't know how to post photos).

Our stallion Icarus is the love of my daughter's life. Those two are alot alike and have a special relationship. (He's the black one that has taken her up and down the coast).

We have 3 of his offspring, the only pony - Omega who daughter was just Reserve Champion at a local "A" this past weekend.
    Regala (Jazzie) who is a real sweetie and tries so hard for you.
    Silvia, the baby just broke but brave and fearless.
    And then Elias who we imported and one of our clients' is having a ball riding and showing him.

Needless to say, I am a HUGE fan of Selle Francais. They have so much heart!!!

Mine is by Galoubet. Technically he was my sister's horse, then mine, and is now teaching my re-rider mom. It's a family affair!

He did the hunters, eq, and jumpers for a while, but now he really enjoys being a dressage horse.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...tudleywefw.jpg

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/IMG_2300.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Untitled5.jpg

I have a Selle Francais 2-year-old who is actually being inspected by the Belgian Warmblood society this year, too. He is huge (16.3) already and is very clever and bold. He surprises me with how easy he is about so many things. I had always wanted a Selle Francais because of the many amazing representatives of the breed and was lucky enough to be able to get my boy when he was born. I'm at work so no pictures right now but will edit later.

Thanks! I love my Panache, she's all heart! Big shoulder is a bit of an understatement, but her muscling evens up pretty decently when she's in shape. I can't get to the Facebook pics from work, will check when I get home though!
    "Beware the hobby that eats."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ktm2007 View Post
    He really, really was!!!! I ♥ Harvessss!!!!

I also have a cross- a son of Ilian de Taute out of an Irish Sport Horse mare (by Happy Ending RID).

The "free trot" picture is from his AWS inspection as a 2yo. The jumping picture is from this year (age 5), at the Sharon White benefit "Jump!", going Novice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free trot rot comp.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	30609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoviceA 024 ramp crop.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	30610  
    Last edited by Janet; Sep. 7, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by ktm2007 View Post
    Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    I also have a cross- a son of Ilian de Taute out of an Irish Sport Horse mare.

The "free trot" picture is from his AWS inspection as a 2yo. The jumping picture is from this year (age 5), at the Sharon White benefit "Jump!", going Novice.
    Mine is also an Irish Sport Horse/ Selle Francais cross. He's by a stallion named Quiletto who is a son of Galoubet and he's out of a Clover Hill mare. It's such a great cross!!

I have two Selle Francais mares that I love to death!!! One is 15.3 and fairly refined, while her daughter is a moose at close to 17 hands and one of her best features are her HUGE floppy ears.

Quote Originally Posted by theinstigator View Post
    He really, really was!!!! I ¢¾ Harvessss!!!!
    I know! I miss him terribly

lalahartma- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    I also have a cross- a son of Ilian de Taute out of an Irish Sport Horse mare (by Happy Ending RID).

Yeah! I'm so happy to see this young man out "doing". I was one of his caretakers as a wee baby (close friend of the breeder). I have some foal photos of him that you may be interested in but which weren't passed on to you. This boy is such a love...outstanding temperment, brave, outgoing and yet very gentle. I'm glad to see he is doing well.

Karri
    Altamont Sport Horses
    Trakehners * Knabstruppers * Appaloosa Sport Horses
    Home of stallions: Ambrosius af Asgard "Atlantis" & Hollywood Hot Spot
    Birmingham, AL

Please don't let everybody know about the Selle Français being such a fantastic sport horse.
    Because their prices will increase too much
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two imposters just the same"
    Rudyard Kipling
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quartz...26013000796803

Quote Originally Posted by Altamont Sport Horses View Post
    Yeah! I'm so happy to see this young man out "doing". I was one of his caretakers as a wee baby (close friend of the breeder). I have some foal photos of him that you may be interested in but which weren't passed on to you. This boy is such a love...outstanding temperment, brave, outgoing and yet very gentle. I'm glad to see he is doing well.

Karri

Thanks. I almost posted something on the Katrina Anniversary thread about him. Yes. I'd love more "baby pictures".

You left out one key feature of his personality- Mischievious. If I neglect to double-latch all the stall doors, he will let himself and all the other horses either out, or into the aisle- where he will FLING everything he can get his teeth on. Plastic pitchfork, grooming box, shipping boots, saddle pads, blankets, plastic chairs. And then poop on them!

I took him schooling at Frying Pan Park a week and a half ago- to confirm that he was ready to go Novice. Not only did we jump several Training fences - including the log drop into (non-existant) water at Newsome's gap, but also a couple of Prelim fences, including the Prelim Coop by the corner of the cow field. The higher the fences were, the better he seemed to like it.
    Last edited by Janet; Sep. 9, 2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Default Our brand new Selle Francais

Here is the page for our new Selle Francais - also by Ilian De Taute

I will be doing a profile page for her soon - but have some initial pics up

http://www.prospectequinefarms.com/horses/LILLIAN.htm

My younger son will be eventing her and he is really enjoying getting to know her. She is such a good girl

Default My Selle Francais!

We do only dressage now, but I originally (5 years ago) planned to train her to be a jumper! She is 16.2 and a Mexico granddaughter.
    http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss347/singak8/Oni/