The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Canadian COTH'ers - HST?

Don't know if this post will be allowed to stay open or not... Hoping to get some good relies on it though

HST-How do you feel about it? Have you noticed a difference??

I HATE the HST personally, I feel that the taxes are increasing exponentially with little or nothing to show for it. I had to pay $91 bucks or a reset on my horse, and $11odd dollars was HST. This has definitely curbed my spending even further, and generally make me miserable.

Anyone else?

Hate it. 13% tax on just about everything? No thanks. My board bill went up exponentially. It sucks. Coming from the States, it sucks even more!

This should really be abolished... Canadians pay mind-boggling taxes as it is.

My insurance was $50 cheaper thanks to HST. No idea how that happened, but I'll take it!

Other than that, my grocery bill went up a little, board went up, my heating bill will be going up this winter, eating into the credit that I had left over from last year (I pay the same every month, and usually have a couple hundred left over at the end of the season that goes to the cleaning and maintenance of the furnace - nice little perk).

I didn't raise my fees in the clinic, even though I should have. I might in the new year, we'll see what's going on then.
    Riding the winds of change

Heeling NRG Aussies
    Like us on facebook!

Don't have it in Alberta! I think GST is down to 4 or 5 % as well. Got to love living in oil country!

P.

I hate it. My board went up by 8%, my hair cut went up by 8%, my horse trim goes up 8%, my vet bills are going up by 8%.. tax grab. Argh!
    and how strange... gas is already taxed to the limit and now there is another 8%. Remember though how they said gas would be going up 8 cents to $1.08 or more... funny though, gas around here is 96 cents right now!!

I really would like to know whose job was created thanks to the wonderful HST. AND do you remember how nice it is for the "laid off" provincial tax dpt workers who lost their job on a Friday, then were rehired (sometimes in the very same office with the very same co-workers) by the federal gvt., some collecting an insane pay off (because they were laid off...)

The liberals have a surprise coming next election, but then the Conservatives are no better. Go green I guess!
    Oh and we can't forget the buy out we get... $1000/per family over one year... yeah, sure, meanwhile my HST increase will be much more than that over how many years?

Yeah... $1000, whoop-te-doo. That doesn't even cover my board increase, much less anything else.

I'm a little surprised gas has stayed where it is... they're saying it's going to go up soon, though. At least around here.