The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Dalmar Boots - Durability Question

I bought a full set of the Dalmar eventing boots (the ones with the vents) at the end of June, 2010. I've used them less than a dozen times and at least three of the boots have the lining rubbed through. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, did you get free replacements? To my way of thinking, these boots are too expensive to have these problems with so little wear.

Quote Originally Posted by tlw View Post
    I bought a full set of the Dalmar eventing boots (the ones with the vents) at the end of June, 2010. I've used them less than a dozen times and at least three of the boots have the lining rubbed through. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, did you get free replacements? To my way of thinking, these boots are too expensive to have these problems with so little wear.

I've had one set for over 2 years with no visable wear and tear. This doesn't sound normal for them....
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I've had one pair (fronts) since 2003 and used on multiple horses. Still in great shape. This seems unusual for the Dalmars
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I have a pair of racing fronts that I used most days for 9 months. The insides of the fetlocks, right at the bottom, have got some rips in them. Given that my horse could be a giant doofus, I assume that was from his shoes brushing them - rather the boots than his legs.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng