The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Favorite cleaning products?

I did this awhile ago but got some great new products, so have to do it again! I love magic erasers for cleaning tubs, counters... Just bought the bath ones today so am anxious to try them! I also love using olive oil on my stainless appliances!!

Anyone have a shark steamer thing? Do you like it? We had to do engineered wood in one room of our house (it's on a slab) and the rest is 3/4 wood however am having trouble keeping the engineered wood clean any suggestions? It always looks like it has prints on it!

Greased Lightning. It will take off the worst hard water/rust/stains. I have really, really hard water and it is a necessity in my house.

I am curious about the steam mop too. I love the idea of sanitized floors. Would it work on slate?

these....

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/rubber_brooms.htm

bought 2 of them and they are the BEST. There is no dirt whipping away from the bristles, the broom gets everything and it rolls/felts the dog hair so it comes up in a piece.

LOVE them, works great on carpets and furniture too!

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    these....

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/rubber_brooms.htm

bought 2 of them and they are the BEST. There is no dirt whipping away from the bristles, the broom gets everything and it rolls/felts the dog hair so it comes up in a piece.

LOVE them, works great on carpets and furniture too!
    That's the sort of broom I got at the state fair and it's fantastic. I love it. Better than any broom or dustmop I ever owned. I'm actually contemplating cleaning the windows!

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

I have a Shark steam mop that I use on our engineered wood floors. I like it.

It does a good job cleaning and I like that it only uses no water. No need for chemicals. The pads are washable too. No need to buy replacements often.

I love magic erasers--they're really great on baseboards and painted cabinets.

I also love my Swiffer vac--I've heard people complain about the lack of "juice" in the battery, but my whole house is hardwood, and I have never had a problem doing the whole thing in one swoop (first floor, second floor and finished attic). Much quicker than using a broom--gets all the various cat hair dust bunnies everywhere.

I HATE most brand name cleaning products as they make me feel like I am going to die when I breathe them. Several years ago, I bought some of the Method brand cleaners and I love them! The tub and shower cleaner, in particular, is a wonderful product.

baking soda and vinegar.
    together and apart.
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night