The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, It is even more fun after surgically induced menopause!!!!!!! LOLOL....

I gained 25 pounds within 6months of surgery.....took 18 months to decide to lose it. It took 2 months to lose it....Now I am keeping it off!
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

Have fun, be safe, and let the mare think it is her idea!

My magic diet secret? As a Coca-Cola-aholic, mine was to STOP drinking ALL carbonated beverages. Period. Toughest thing I ever did.

I went from 204lbs (and 5-7 cans a day of Coke) in Nov. of last year, to 168 (and NO soda) today MAINLY through avoiding all carbonated beverages, TRYING to only drink water, and not snacking mindlessly (IE: before bed while reading a book, etc.)

I also made a chart so that I could keep track of my weight with a graph. Pounds down one side and weeks across the bottom. I weighed myself every Monday and would chart any progress (or lack there-of) on this wall-chart in my closet. Used a bright blue marker, so I couldn't miss it. I'm very visual, so that helped me as well.

I threw my husband a 50th BD party last week,and some of his old friends that we hadn't seen in a few years were slack-jawed when they saw me.

I loved that.

Best of luck.

NJR

I lost 18 lbs this summer by cutting out all soda, beer, sweets, snacking and high fructose corn syrup (in salad dressing too). I mostly eat organic fruit, veggies, a handful of nuts and homemade brown-rice pudding & drink water. I have not begun to workout but plan to when I hit <20#