The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WEG seating - help!!!

Hi,

Can anyone please explain the seating to me for the eventing sessions at WEGs? (i.e. which seats are under the roof, which seats have backs, and which stand is the most ideal) I am trying to determine which are the best tickets available to me -- any and all input very much appreciated!

RL

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

JMHO, but the main covered grandstand has too many big iron pillars that cause obstructed views. So I'd go for either the downstairs level of the grandstand or the temporary bleachers which might be cheaper. Unless you are sure of getting non obstructed view, at this point I'd avoid the covered grandstand because they have probably already sold most of the decent seats.

First choice would be the uncovered level of the main grandstand because those seats have backs and arms. I would be very leary of the covered grandstand unless you can see exactly where in relationship to the pillars the seats will be. Second choice would be the temporary seating.

Although, I gotta say, it's rather nice to be high up on the far end of the arena under the covered grandstand where you can watch the warm up ring as well as the arena. I think that's in section 210 or so. No obstructions over there.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Sep. 4, 2010 at 06:24 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Thanks! I actually think I've found tickets for the front row!! They're on the side, so it's not front and center, but I'll take the front! It's also temporary seating, but I couldn't give a dime, really. Unless you have anymore brilliant bits of advice against such a position. I think its 121 if that helps. Thanks again

moneypit Guest

The covered seating is actually great. I have not had a problem with the beams obstructing any of my views. The seats have backs and armrests plus if it rains or is sweltering hot you are covered and won't get wet or melt. Worth every penny if you can get a seat. Try Stubhub or Ebay as there are several tickets available.

Many thanks to the both of you and to any and all reading, but my problems have been resolved. Now have tickets for my mother and myself in B121 Row A for dressage and B116 Row F for jumping. Seats have seatbacks, but no roof, so I'm just going to hope the weather gods smile on us on those days

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

For dressage, those dratted judges' boxes can get in the way. Especially if you are low down.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire