The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

He is gorgeous! I have a 3 year old mare but I'm not ready to breed her yet or I would be taking you up on your very generous offer.

He's very blingy. I know just the perfect mare for him too.. a lovely Halycon/Furno Khamal bred Arabian mare (Lack of approval means nothing to me, cuz as long as 1 parent is arabian, it's registered and eligible for programs, etc).. but alas.. her owners already have her bred, and plans for next year, and she isn't available for lease. Dam it lol.

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1422

Can someone please get this mare and breed her to this stud.... Please?

sunfire i am interested for our mare, i will send info.

I finally have decided to stick to my 'getting out of breeding for a bit' plan and now this.
    You're very kind because he's gorgeous. I have one mare that I think would cross very nicely with him and I actually added a link to your FB page on her ad.

I hope there are a bunch of beautiful, blingy Embrace babies running around next year. It'll be fun watching for them.
    Sometimes I just think funny things - Dudley Moore in Arthur
    Come join us at - TheMuckBucket

He is a beautiful stallion.....just wish I had a mare!

Quote Originally Posted by SunFire Farm View Post
    OMG, Domino'spal (AKA, Heidi),
    You should pay more attention to who your being rude to! I just realized that you contacted me about my "free to good home" Swedish/Oldenburg mare a couple of weeks ago! (She found a wonderful home in Indiana, by the way.... Thankyou COTH) Its funny to me that you were so nice when you wanted my free mare. LOL You even sent me your web site: www.fastfirstfarmnc.com

What a pretty stallion you have. He's very colorful! Who is he approved through? [EDIT: I thought better of my remarks here.... maybe he's just not current in his fee's.... that would explain why he's not listed on any of the WB stallion roasters] He must have a colorful Dam as well in order to be homozygous, but I didn't see her pedigree listed anywhere....

To all other COTHer's: I apologize for this rather catty post. I know I should take the high road.... and I'm normally stronger than this.... but after all of the rude posts Domino'spal wrote about my "unapproved" stallion and how much better her "approved" stallion is.... I grew weak. Please forgive me.
    Too, too funny! I could barely read her website though because the font was so awkward. Anyway, your boy is lovely and having bred my mare before I am completely dumbfounded that anyone would think that you should pay the collection fee for someone else to breed their mare - stinks of someone that really is clueless about how collection and shipping actually works. I paid a heck of a lot more than that to a recently-imported-from-Russia, not-yet-registered-in-the-US, Hanoverian and didn't get a foal out of it. Luck of the draw.

Talking

***** Update*****

[/COLOR] Embrace started his "training" yesterday! It was a hoot, he was really trying to figure out what we wanted him to do and be a "good boy" at the same time!! At one point he had both front legs sideways over the mount looking down at us with an expression of amusement. "Is this what you silly people want me to do?" LOL My daughter took some pictures, and I posted them on the FaceBook page I made to share pictures and video of him. Take a look.... it will give you a chuckle!
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...9392368?ref=ts

Thankyou again to everyone for you kind remarks! I'm looking forward to seeing those flashy foals too! So far we have five mares promised to him, all exceptional hunter mares (both WB & TB) so I'm sure there will be a few foals to post brag pic.s of next year!
    ~~~The first step is admitting you have a problem.~~~
    ~~My name is Wendy, and I'm a horse-a-holic.~~

Thumbs up link?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEffects View Post
    I finally have decided to stick to my 'getting out of breeding for a bit' plan and now this.
    You're very kind because he's gorgeous. I have one mare that I think would cross very nicely with him and I actually added a link to your FB page on her ad.

I hope there are a bunch of beautiful, blingy Embrace babies running around next year. It'll be fun watching for them.
    I looked for your link but didn't see it. It might be nice to start a new discussion topic.... "Potential Mares for Embrace", where people can post pics and info about mares that they want to sell or place, I can spread the news to those who say "I wish I had a mare!". Go ahead and start that topic with your mare if you like, otherwise I will and you can post your mare there!

Default The bottom line is he is a well conformed stallion

with an excellent pedigree...we all know there are no guarantees in breeding. I think he's wonderful. I have a one year old colt that looks like his clone although he has Lucky Boy, Zeus, Inschallah and Tannerberg in his pedigree. I would offer the same deal in the future.

I have a nice TB mare on the Giveaways forum if anyone wants to take Sunfire up on her offer. She's a plain bay, but the only time she was bred to a chestnut, she produced a chestnut with a blaze face and white socks.

Just puttin it out there for anyone.

our mare is a bay registered Oldenburg 3 year old. Talise Ritz out of this stud

http://www.hiddenspringfarm.net/stallion.html

What do you think? http://www.facebook.com/cebesue#!/ph...&ref=fbx_album

Quote Originally Posted by cebesue View Post
    our mare is a bay registered Oldenburg 3 year old. Talise Ritz out of this stud

http://www.hiddenspringfarm.net/stallion.html

What do you think? http://www.facebook.com/cebesue#!/ph...&ref=fbx_album
    The stallion is lovely! I don't know much about Swedish lines, but he has a fantastic show record. The Facebook link wouldn't work for me....
    If you breed your mare, you know that the foal won't be able to be approved unless or until Embrace is presented as a stallion right? If your not bothered by that, and three isn't to young to breed her in your opinion.... then I think the cross would be lovely. Let me know if you would like to make plans! Keep in mind that he will only be available to ship semen for the next 30-45 days.... so you would have to catch her on her next cycle.

Wendy

approved or not, would not bother me. The offspring would most likely stay here forever, not sure how that manages to happen!! LOL!! I sent you a pic in a private message.

How much longer with this offer be good? It looks like 30 days so ends around the first of October?

Quote Originally Posted by goldponies View Post
    How much longer with this offer be good? It looks like 30 days so ends around the first of October?

They haven't started the quarantine yet.... apparently they are still waiting for another stud to come in, so its likely to be more the middle or end of October. In other words.... the 30 days has yet to start! LOL I should go revise my original post. Thanks for asking!
    Last edited by SunFire Farm; Sep. 11, 2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: misspelling

Your boy is lovely, and he has a very nice pedigree. I'm not interested in breeding my mare, but he would definitely be a looker if I were.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SunFire Farm View Post
    OMG, Domino'spal (AKA, Heidi),
    You should pay more attention to who your being rude to! I just realized that you contacted me about my "free to good home" Swedish/Oldenburg mare a couple of weeks ago! (She found a wonderful home in Indiana, by the way.... Thankyou COTH) Its funny to me that you were so nice when you wanted my free mare. LOL You even sent me your web site: www.fastfirstfarmnc.com

What a pretty stallion you have. He's very colorful! Who is he approved through? [EDIT: I thought better of my remarks here.... maybe he's just not current in his fee's.... that would explain why he's not listed on any of the WB stallion roasters] He must have a colorful Dam as well in order to be homozygous, but I didn't see her pedigree listed anywhere....

To all other COTHer's: I apologize for this rather catty post. I know I should take the high road.... and I'm normally stronger than this.... but after all of the rude posts Domino'spal wrote about my "unapproved" stallion and how much better her "approved" stallion is.... I grew weak. Please forgive me.
    Oh, it is so okay. I get really fed up with the holier than thous sometimes too. BTW, I was reading this thread because I thought it was a great idea. I have a young stallion (pony not warmblood although the RSPI folks think he's cute) that I thought about offering something like this to TB mares because I would love to see what he produces and have babies to show folks in the future who might like to breed to him.

It seems smart to me not underhanded. Thanks for putting it out there!

Just a quick note to say that Embrace's half sister (out of the same mare, by Navarone) earned a First Premium at the KWPN Keuring this weekend! This filly doesn't belong to me..... but I was still very very proud. Not many jumper-bred foals earn 1st premiums. This was his Dams first Dutch foal, so she had to be presented as well. She is now in four main mare books.

******* New News! *******

Today Embrace was introduced to the phantom for the second time, and impressed us all! His numbers were fabulous, and he gave enough for FOUR shipments! The stallion manager was very impressed with his concentration, volume and the maturity of the cells. His motility was good as well, considering this was his first time. I know some of you have mares waiting..... and we are now ready!

9/23/10-
    Two quick updates: The first is that Embrace's first shipment arrived in Virginia and the vet was very impressed with the motility after being shipped. The second update is just to let everyone know that the quarantine period has not yet begin, so this offer will be good through October!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Wendy
    Last edited by SunFire Farm; Sep. 23, 2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: New Information