The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New up date..... Embrace's first mare has been checked and is IN FOAL! His numbers have been fantastic right along and now he is officially proven. HOW EXCITING! Thankyou everyone for your kind words and encouragement! He is still available until the end of October!
    ~~~The first step is admitting you have a problem.~~~
    ~~My name is Wendy, and I'm a horse-a-holic.~~

He is lovely! Just wanted to say
    Please keep us posted!

oh man i wish i had the guts to breed my mare---i would choose him in a heartbeat to give her a little more leg and refinement.
    wonder what he and a black pigment grey would produce?
    (and how tall will he mature to do ya think?)...
    drool, i should not have opened this thread!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    oh man i wish i had the guts to breed my mare---i would choose him in a heartbeat to give her a little more leg and refinement.
    wonder what he and a black pigment grey would produce?
    (and how tall will he mature to do ya think?)...
    drool, i should not have opened this thread!
    LOL I know exactly what you mean! He should mature to 17H or so. He's quite tall already.... 16.1 and only 2 and a half. If you mare has just one copy of the gray gene, you could get black, bay, or chestnut and a 50% chance that any of those colors will go gray. If she has two copies of the black gene then you can get black or bay with a 50% chance of gray. If she has two copies of the gray gene then you'll get gray... no matter what color the foal starts out as. What color were the mares parents? That will help.

Also...............

I just got news that mare number two has been checked and is also in foal! Three more mares are left to be checked.... and a few owners are still waiting for their mares to cycle.
    There is quite a bit of collecting going on right now, so last minute shipping is no big deal. If you notice your mare in and would like to give it a try, feel free to contact us! There are only a couple weeks left.......
    Last edited by SunFire Farm; Oct. 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: rephrasing

thanks, i am such a colour dunce!!
    and thankgoodness he's so big; i prefer the shorter guys, closer to the ground for this soon-to-be senior citizen!!

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    thanks, i am such a colour dunce!!
    and thankgoodness he's so big; i prefer the shorter guys, closer to the ground for this soon-to-be senior citizen!!
    I think if he reaches 17, that will be perfect. Enough size for the 16H mare, and not to much for the 17+H mares. We will see though. His sire is 16.2.... and has a fantastic temperament that he consistently reproduces. His owner has been running some really good specials now and then, you should take a look at him!

www.barringtonhill.com

Smile Embrace approved for breeding by Oldenburg NA

Hello everyone! Remember this crazy thread? Well, I have an exciting up-date!!

I am VERY proud to announce that Embrace was presented to the Oldenburg NA for his initial stallion inspection on Friday, and was AMAZING! Embrace scored a total of 225 points, which qualified him for his first *STAR*!!!! He was the second highest scoring stallion (by 2 points) and earned a 92.5 total jumping index (WOW!!) He even received a 9.5 for capability! In their opening statements, the inspectors referred to him as the "Zeus clone"... which is a _fantastic_ compliment.
    He is just a three year old this year, so he will be going to his stallion test to (hopefully) earn his lifetime license when he is a four year old, however... the foals that were conceived last year are eligible to be inspected and registered this year.

Default Congratulations!

I absolutely DO remember this thread the bit of drama that attached itself to it.
    What a wonderful way to exhibit "putting your money where your mouth is"(I'll bet the critic is nowhere to be found). Big Congratulations and best of luck! Hope to see some baby pictures!

1 members found this post helpful.

I LOVE foals.... I only have one coming by Embrace though. One of his "free breedings" has already produced a beautiful filly (out of a Consul mare) The owner is very excited to take her filly to the inspection, and I'm sure she'll share pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing how that foal moves when she's a bit older... but what I can see already is a mostly solid chestnut mare with a filly beside her that looks dipped to her knees in chrome! Unfortunately, one stocking doesn't make it all the way up, but all-in-all, she's a very fancy filly!
    Its hard to get late foals to the inspections, so we'll see how many make it this year. I'm just happy that Embrace was presented before to many foals hit the ground... he had several mares this spring, so there will be a good crop next year!
    We took some video at the stallion inspection, and I'm sure the pro photographer will have pic.s up soon... but in the mean time... here is my home-made video, if you would like to see him now!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsR9VQeJQ8Q !

Wow, totally wish I had my mare this time last year. I'm not actually planning to breed anything anytime soon, but what a nice looking stallion (and the inspectors obviously thought so too ).

Good luck with the babies and the stallion testing.

I didn't realize the origional post was a year old. He is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Derby Lyn Farms; Aug. 29, 2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: oops

***Update*** Embrace has completed the 70day test and now lifetime licensed with the Oldenburg Na, and impressed a few other registries (TBA) as well. You'll be able to see pictures and video soon on HuntersCourt.com if you are curious!

1 members found this post helpful.

I just have to say I have owned a horse that was a son of Grannus and another that was a from Zeus and I would dieeeeee for one that had both of these amazing horses! What a beautiful stallion!!