The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WEG Eventing Dressage Tickets & Ride Times?

It looks like you need to buy 4 separate tickets (day 1 a.m., p.m., day 2 a.m., p.m.) to see all of the Eventing dressage. Does anyone know if that is incorrect? I searched for Aachen 06's schedule and it looks like it was just a single ticket for all sessions, but I couldn't find the actual ride times to see if the best pairs were in the last session.

I'd like to buy tickets to the best session since I won't pay 4 x $45 for all sessions, but I have a feeling they aren't going to divvy things up in such a convenient way. Any insights?

At the very least, I'd like to watch the Americans ride, but I can't tell if countries are split between sessions. Please help!

Anyone?

Yes, four half day sessions, and the schedule is not even close to being set. It's a bummer!

$45 (plus related surcharges, parking, etc.) for a half day of eventing dressage?

(For $45, you should at least get some piaffe.)

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

You know it won't be one of the wildly popular parts of the Lex WEG. I'm planning to buy my tickets at the front gate, and if the stadium is sold out, then I'll just watch the warm up ring.

Not worth all the extra fees, etc. for a $30 ticket; $25 if you bought during the special.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

If you want to see the best team riders, go to the last dressage session. Teams draw for order of go and then each team can decide the order of their riders. Generally first horse/rider is an experienced combination with good cross country skills who will ride to team orders and get around so they can report back about how the plan works. Second and third team riders can be less experienced/new to team riding. Last rider is usually best. In the old days when one competition decided both team and individual medals, if the first three riders had completed with decent scores the last rider might be "turned loose" from team orders and allowed to ride a bit for themselves and take a shot at an individual medal. Here is the FEI rule for scheduling which isn't done until after the first horse inspection.
    Block A: first athlete in each team
    Block B: 25% of individual athletes
    Block C: second athlete in each team
    Block D: 25% of individual athletes
    Block E: 25% of individual athletes
    Block F: third athlete in each team
    Block G: 25% of individual athletes
    Block H: fourth athlete in each team

OK, so speaking purely hypothetically, if our team riders were Karen, Philip, Buck, and Boyd--

Karen first, Buck and Boyd next, Philip last?

Opinions?

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Since it appears that you will be able to buy tickets at the venue (according to the Official Spectator's Guide), you could wait to see the schedule and then purchase. Wonder if tix purchased on site avoid the Ticketmaster fees...
    The Evil Chem Prof