The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any college seniors on here?

I'm graduating in May and I'm starting to freak out a little I applied for graduation and am currently working on my student teaching app. It's so weird to think that this time next year I could have my very own classroom with my very own kids! It's exciting at the same time though and I can't wait to start teaching! The whole looking for a job thing does not have me excited though

So anyone else on here almost done or fairly close to being done?
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Congratulations on making it this far! It's a scary thought, but you'll be just fine, it's exciting, too. I should be a college senior, but took some time off first so am a little behind.

I think it's perfectly okay to be freaking out about the end of college I finished last year and about a week after graduation I had a slight meltdown and "welcome to real life moment" and from what I know - most everyone goes through that. But look on the bright side, I am sure that whatever comes next is going to be exciting, new, and brilliant. While the future is always uncertain, and hence, hard - it's also very liberating to have something new and fresh ahead.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Coth's Resident Deatheater~

I'm a college senior and have no idea what I want to do when I graduate so the panic is slowly starting to sink in

Yep, I'm also a senior. Currently dreading picking out what my senior capstone will be - in order to graduate, I have the choice between a monograph, a laboratory experiment, or a set of 5 comprehensive exams.
    What fun.
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

What if it's my second time being a senior? Lol I graduated with a BSc in biology in 2007. Spent the summer in KY and then worked for about a year and half. I'm now doing a vet tech associates degree which will finish up this coming May. I'm not overly worried this time around though.
    Who knows I may go back again someday...

I'm definitely looking forward to getting into a classroom but it is a scary thought at the same time! I'm reading all the books I can get my hands on I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who's feeling a slight panic It's also weird because BF is a little behind me, he'll graduate one or two quarters after I do depending on his internship. A sorority sister of mine should be graduating at the same time as me from the same major though so we can have a little support group!

To the MAX, I just got my honors project approved and am sort of looking forward to it because I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird and Mississippi Trial, 1955 in a unit plan. I am NOT looking forward to the research part though But I have the best readers/advisors a girl could ask for!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

I'm another senior with no clue what I'll be doing after graduation. I'm not even sure what I want... Also I've never had a "real job," which is not helping matters at all!
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Congrats! That's exciting!

I graduated in March and just started grad school last week. It's nice to be back in school and not out in the real world!
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I'm a senior working on an honors thesis, studying for the GREs, and looking forward to another 5+ years in school, plus post-doc work...

The kicker is, I looked at my transcript yesterday and realized that I had enough credits at the end of my junior year to apply for graduation.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I'm terrified! I have to apply for teaching certificates in history/social studies starting in a few weeks time, and am making my final choice for universities to apply to. So far I've got Edinburgh, Newcastle, and Roehampton in London. I need 2 more as I can apply to up to five. Ahhh. I also have my dissertation, which is a very scary thought.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey