The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Cold Weather Coming Up :-)

How many of you started to put your summer stuff away and did out your fall/winter stuff? Me!! I spent an hour doing that today :-)

Not me! It was 100 degrees here yesterday and will be the same today. Uggh.

I'll believe it when I see it.

low 60's this weekend and 70's next week.

I just put away my "sauna" stuff and got out my summer stuff
    Woohoo - it's going down to 89 degrees this weekend!
    You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts!

buuump.

91F here today, 98F yesterday. Winter coats still in storage for a LONG time. Trying to psych myself up to cut the grass. Hey... it is down to 90F now.

Wink

I'm lucky that I have plenty of closet space so summer, winter, spring and fall clothing stays out all the time. I just go to a different closet!

Even if I didn't, I don't think I'd be putting it away just yet anyway. We've got a cool weekend coming up and I'm looking forward to maybe being able to put on a sweatshirt and even jeans instead of shorts and a tee shirt! Course the horses have been shedding since this time last month so I'm thinking it's getting close to last bath of the season time. I hate to bathe them when they have long coats as it takes forever for them to dry.
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

like msj, I never put anything away, it just gravitates to the top of the pile or the right place in the closet.

Kouma Pony says it will be cold soon - he is getting plushy.
    Sam is still Summersleek, but I am hoping he follows Kouma's example so I don't need to blanket him this Winter.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

I wish! It was mid 90s yesterday, mid 80s today. I don't think the winter stuff will be coming out for a while yet.

Today is the first day the temperatures fell below the mid-nineties since the weekend. The way this has gone this summer, I'm not putting the shorts away until November!

Getting two loads of gravel to prepare for winter ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

First day a sweatshirt has been needed for morning feeding ~ feels good ~ ~ looking like a great Fall weekend in the Midwest ~ Enjoiy ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Default YES! Finally cool weather

A wonderful cool day thank heavens! It's currently 61 degrees F with a dew point of 47 F and winds from the West at 16 gusting to 26 mph. It feels positively fabulous to be comfortable in jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt. I know it won't last as the temps are to get back into the 80's next week, but for now it's pure delight.....

We have had such a hot, humid summer, somewhat typical of the south, but thankfully not as bad. I honestly don't know how the southerners on this board stood it. I know there was a HUGE Whine thread started by them a short time ago and I surely don't blame them with temps in the 100's.

I foolishly had my farm on the market in '05 to early '07 and am SO glad it didn't sell as I had planned to move to the hills of western NC. Please don't get me wrong those of you in western NC but I now know that I couldn't stand your summers. About a month ago I saw the Realtor that had my farm listed and I told him how HAPPY I was that he DIDN'T sell the farm. I think he thought I was being sarcastic, but for once I actually wasn't!!!!
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

Is it bad that it's supposedly 91 (feels like 93) and I took the dogs for a walk and thought it was actually nice outside (maybe a smidge warm)? Lol I'm looking forward to cooler weather.. but NOT cold weather.

Yesterday was gloomy, windy, rainy, and chilly. The temperature dropped from the 80s to the mid 60s and it was VERY fall-like.

I'm very migraine-ish today.

I don't like fall. *shudder*

Kim

The heat FINALLY broke here late yesterday evening. Temperature probably dropped a solid 20 degrees while I was out hacking. When I was out around 6 I was sweating just grooming... by the time I finished hacking two hours later I was shivering! Temperature dropped further on the way home. Today it is GLORIOUS outside... sunny, but windy and quite cool... low 60s... LOVING it. Hopefully fall is finally, finally here.