The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Be careful what you wish for...

All those of you who take pride in your "I am woman, hear me roar" feminism better be careful what you wish for....The Islamization of the world would mean a HUGE and I mean HUGE adjustment in your lifestyle....All the while you are busy hating on Sarah Palin (yeah a strong independent woman regardless of what your think of her) your rights as a woman and an American are being threatened. Raise your hand if you are OK with women as second class citizens.
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Default That good ole First Ammendment

Works both ways.

Muslims have a right to build a mosque, and I have a right not to follow the Koran, Bible, Talmud and Book of Mormon
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Can I raise my hand and vote to have all loony liberals who operate from emotion and not analysis, to be shipped out to any Third World country that will have them???

The bleat of the spoiled American female...protected, shielded from reality, no one they know is in the military, the terrorists are just like us and we should all play nicely. They deal neither with crime or the evil world. They go from home to play to home...letting others worry and fight for them. Letting others die for them. And when reality might finally hit them, they get mad someone didn't protect them.

Happy land is a good place...for a child...hmmm, definition kinda' fits too!

PERFECT description of a hug and munch female liberal.

Your crazy is showing.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

Does this mean I pay less for a movie theatre ticket?

Cuz then I'm all for it.

Yawn.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Is the US at risk of being taken over by Muslins? I think the alcohol companies might get annoyed, as would all the Hooter Hanging out men. I doubt I would need to even break a nail defending our right to drink and look at boobs.

And... I believe in women having equal rights and ummm... support the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Can I raise my hand and vote to have all loony liberals who operate from emotion and not analysis, to be shipped out to any Third World country that will have them???

The bleat of the spoiled American female...protected, shielded from reality, no one they know is in the military, the terrorists are just like us and we should all play nicely. They deal neither with crime or the evil world. They go from home to play to home...letting others worry and fight for them. Letting others die for them. And when reality might finally hit them, they get mad someone didn't protect them.

Umm, sorry, no. I am the daughter, wife and mother of military vets, WWII, Vietnam and Yugoslavia.

I watched the Pentagon burn, not knowing if Mr P was inside.

And yes, I am a liberal. It's funny how most Conservatives bleat about upholding the Constitution....as long as they agree with it(I have a right to my AK 47) but when a group of people they don't agree with they wants its protection are all in favor of ignoring it
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    It's funny how most Conservatives bleat about upholding the Constitution....as long as they agree with it(I have a right to my AK 47) but when a group of people they don't agree with they wants its protection are all in favor of ignoring it
    Indeed.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

Wait a minute, wait a minute........... I thought illegal aliens were taking over our country??? Or was that last week's hysteria?
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Probably illegal muslins with bad hemlines.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

Only if we can send all the crazy conservatives, who operate on a self-centered, egotistical profit motive, with them ....

*star*
    "Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."
    - Desiderata, (c) Max Ehrman, 1926

You must be very proud of that little paragraph considering you have pasted it into at least 3 threads now. I really wonder how much of the real world you have actually seen... For example, its more common for liberal television ads to rely on logic based arguments to win voters and conservatives tend to harp on voters emotions.

A PERFECT example would be a tv ad that I saw that was sponsored by the NRA. The conservative ad featured.....drum roll please.... Chuck Norris. It showed him doing some snazzy kicks and punches as well as commenting about how guns are more effective than kicking/punching (gee, duh!). It finished with basically saying make sure you vote republican or your guns will be taken away.

It was the most childish ad I think I have ever seen but it effectively reached many conservatives...hmmm what does that tell you? And before you get your panties in a twist over me being a stupid liberal, I support people's right to own guns (seeing as I am an avid hunter and own many rifles).

and I support people's right to use said firearm's

Is the US at risk of being taken over by Muslins?
    I'd cautiously say yes, actually the whole world might one day well be muslim.
    Look at Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany,....) from a small immigrant minority they are becoming quite an established group.
    I'm wondering if exponentially they will overgrow us. They have more children then many westerners have.
    Like some iman once said (wished I could find back the quote) : "no need to have a (holy) war to convert to islam, we shall peacefully spread ourselves in numbers"

Quote from American Journalist Caldwell in his book 'Reflection on the Revolution in Europe: Immigration, Islam and the West'.
    Western-Europe, a multi-ethnical society in a burst of insanity.

European politicians imported people to fill temporary labor shortages. Once these jobs disappeared the immigrants started to multiply : Germany in 2000 counted 7,5 million immigrants vs 3 million in 1971 although the number of employed immigrants hardly rose. Today about 10% of the European population is of foreign origin, in some large cities it is even 30%.

That is not the only problem. Politicians assumed immigrants would adjust to the culture of their new homeland but the majority of these people seems unwilling to adjust. Caldwell points to one cause and it is called Islam. In the Fifties there were hardly any Muslims in Europe but today's estimates range between 15 and 17 million.
    Immigrants just have large families. According to Caldwell John Doe has had enough of it. Only 1 in 5 Europeans thinks immigration is beneficial to his country and 57% thinks there are too many immigrants. Many politicians are forced by these numbers to change their position on immigration. The headscarf debate is an example of that.

However according to Caldwell these kinds of measures are too late and have no substance. Europe, with its rapidly aging population (1 in 4 is older than 60) is no match to Islamic self-confidence. "When an insecure, moldable and apathic culture clashes with a culture that is deeply rooted, self-confident en strengthened by a common doctrine, it's usually the first that adjusts to the second." Caldwell concludes. (the underline quote, worries me personally, Caldwell might very well be right)

The elections in the Netherlands & Belgium, showed that the people want some change in the tolerance Europe has shown towards the Islamization of their countries the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieslot View Post
    I'd cautiously say yes, actually the whole world might one day well be muslim.
    Look at Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany,....) from a small immigrant minority they are becoming quite an established group.
    I'm wondering if exponentially they will overgrow us. They have more children then many westerners have.
    Like some iman once said (wished I could find back the quote) : "no need to have a (holy) war to convert to islam, we shall peacefully spread ourselves in numbers"

Quote from American Journalist Caldwell in his book 'Reflection on the Revolution in Europe: Immigration, Islam and the West'.
    Western-Europe, a multi-ethnical society in a burst of insanity.

European politicians imported people to fill temporary labor shortages. Once these jobs disappeared the immigrants started to multiply : Germany in 2000 counted 7,5 million immigrants vs 3 million in 1971 although the number of employed immigrants hardly rose. Today about 10% of the European population is of foreign origin, in some large cities it is even 30%.

That is not the only problem. Politicians assumed immigrants would adjust to the culture of their new homeland but the majority of these people seems unwilling to adjust. Caldwell points to one cause and it is called Islam. In the Fifties there were hardly any Muslims in Europe but today's estimates range between 15 and 17 million.
    Immigrants just have large families. According to Caldwell John Doe has had enough of it. Only 1 in 5 Europeans thinks immigration is beneficial to his country and 57% thinks there are too many immigrants. Many politicians are forced by these numbers to change their position on immigration. The headscarf debate is an example of that.

However according to Caldwell these kinds of measures are too late and have no substance. Europe, with its rapidly aging population (1 in 4 is older than 60) is no match to Islamic self-confidence. "When an insecure, moldable and apathic culture clashes with a culture that is deeply rooted, self-confident en strengthened by a common doctrine, it's usually the first that adjusts to the second." Caldwell concludes. (the underline quote, worries me personally, Caldwell might very well be right)

The elections in the Netherlands & Belgium, showed that the people want some change in the tolerance Europe has shown towards the Islamization of their countries the past decade.
    I think there is the issue of proximity. Europe is closer to traditional Islamic countries than the US is. It is estimated that there are 7 million Muslims in the US compared to about 50 million Hispanics
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

I would like to preface this "joke" by stating it is very un-PC. Consider this a warning for those easily offended

Three strangers strike up a conversation in the passenger lounge in the Bozeman, Montana airport, while waiting for their respective flights

One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer, another is a Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show and the third passenger is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana StateUniversity from the Middle East .

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the twoWesterners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table, tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face, and lights a cigarette. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he speaks, 'At one time here... my people were many... but sadly, now we are few.'

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward,

'Once my people were few,' he sneers, 'and now we are many.

Why do you suppose that is?'

The cowboy removes his cigarette from his mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a smooth drawl . . .

'I reckon that's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do believe it's a-comin'

Quote Originally Posted by alterhorse87 View Post

It was the most childish ad I think I have ever seen but it effectively reached many conservatives...hmmm what does that tell you? And before you get your panties in a twist over me being a stupid liberal, I support people's right to own guns (seeing as I am an avid hunter and own many rifles).
    No more childish than the campaign ad of the little girl with the flower and talk of nuclear war (I think this was a Johnson campaign ad). But you are probably too young to remember that one.

Both sides have some extreme ads, and many just disgust me, although I DO like Chuck Norris... too bad Charlton Heston was not still around....<sigh>.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bayboys View Post
    Wait a minute, wait a minute........... I thought illegal aliens were taking over our country??? Or was that last week's hysteria?
    They are in my state! It is really sad that I cannot safely drive the Interstate to for fear of getting caught in the cross fire or high speed car chase between these illegals, not to mention those that are twice convicted felons who continue to come across ...... You may laugh, I LIVE in this!

Well, if people are super-worried that Muslims will 'overgrow' Christians in this country, you can always support immigration by Hispanics--many of whom are Catholic and believe in large families. (Not quite 'Christian', but a lot closer than 'Muslin'! (sic)) But then, of course, America would still be browner than it is today, wouldn't it? Hmm. Pick your poison--WASPs aren't exactly a growing population worldwide.

And, seriously??? You're kidding, right? Sarah Palin has done the exact opposite of advancing women's rights or a true Republican agenda. She's a laughingstock, largely because of the things she herself has said and done. I'd take Meghan McCain any day over that self-serving twit. I'm an engineer in a strongly male-dominated international industry so, yes, I do have some clue how women's rights play out in the real world.