The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

was wondering if anyone had any links to photos of the horses? I think seeing these amazing animals will drive home the insane amount of cruelty involved to commit such heinous (sp) acts. I cannot imagine.....
    I was wondering the same thing. I looked but was unable to find any online. I searched for Rub the Lamp, Streetwise, and Belgium Waffle...
    In loving memory of Chutney (1977 - 2008)

My newest book, "Sandsablaze," available now!

I also searched for these horses and was unable to find any information at all on any of them except for on this forum.
    Dance like no one is watching. Love like you have never been hurt.

I signed it and sent the link to everyone in my horse related address book.
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

Moi aussi.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Originally posted by scout33:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by War Admiral:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scout33:
    Question- if the issue is reinstatement why is PV being singled out?
    He's not, and I apologize if that impression is being created.

The only way we can approach this situation is to take the same approach USEF has taken - that being, to deal with each suspended party on an individual basis. Each of the nine people listed here in the Hearing Committee minutes received a different length of suspension. Thus, each person becomes eligible to apply for reinstatement at a different time.

USEF really had no choice in the way they handled this; we don't either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the reason why there was no uproar when Nancy Manfield applied for reinstatement? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't know about it.

Plus, just because one shark gets through the net doesn't mean you don't try to keep the rest out.

Seb
    Aca-Believe it!!

Question- does anyone know that PV has in fact started his appeal to the USEF to apply for reinstatement?

Note: the "PR ads" issued in the Chronicle were done by clients, not PV. He does not have a team of hired PR staff
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

Maybe he doesn't need to hire a PR staff since his clients are doing it for him.

I didn't know that Nancy had applied for reinstatement either. However, I'd never heard of her, other than the fact that she was one of the horse killers. Paul Valliere is a much more visible entity, in part because of the Eq judging issue earlier.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Originally posted by oxer:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nope....USEF will listen, and they'll pay attention. The credibilty of the NGB will be seriously damaged both domestically and internationally if the reinstatement is allowed. If the mainstream media got a hold of the story, should it happen, you can kiss any future horse show coverage by any major network goodbye.
    i think this is called delusions of grandure. don't you people have anything else to do than spend all day and night conjuring up a vendetta against a human being? what gives? you must live loveless lives. without forgiveness there can be no love.
    from "seat of the soul" by gary zukow"
    "though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start right now and make a brand new ending. that is what paul is doing. to those of you that refuse to forgive hime for his past mistakes, allow me some words to help guide you out of your self-imposed darkness.
    one forgives to the degree that one loves. when you choose not to forgive, the experience that you do not forgive sticks with you. when you choose not to forgive, you basically agree to wear very dark gruesome sunglasses that distort everything, and it is you who are forced every day to look at life through thoses contaminated lenses because you have chosen to keep them."

and finally:

there is so much bad in the best of us and so much good in the worst of us that is doesn't behoove any of us to talk about the rest of us.

and finally for those in spite of everything will never give paul his due,words from benjamin jowett :never retreat, never explain. get it done and let them howl"

vanessa redfern, one who considers paul a great and loyal friend, a great horseman, and the finest trainer i have ever ridden with. my horses have never gotten better care, not have i ever gotten better instruction. and to boot he is truly one of the kindest, most giving person i have been lucky to have had in my life for 15 years. it doesn't get any better than to ride at acres wild farm. we are a joyfull family in every way. drop in some day and you'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Forgive" and "Forget" are two vastly different things. And, just because we forgive does not necessarily mean we should forget.

Reinstatement to USEF would be to "Forget" and those horses deserve a better legacy than that...

And, if my "sunglasses" are distorted and contaminated...? It is only because of the crap PV and his buddies splattered on them when they decided to kill horses for profit and pride.

Seb
    Aca-Believe it!!

Originally posted by oxer:
    to those of you that refuse to forgive hime for his past mistakes.
    Once more, since many of you supporters of PV seem to keep missing this point:

Some of us feel that the action of ordering a horse electrocuted for money is a wee bit more serious than a "mistake".

A "mistake" is something like entering a second year horse in the first year greens.

Killing a horse for reasons of misplaced pride is more on the order of "heinous act".
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Duffy- I was simply responding to the statements made by some who think that PV has hired a professional PR staff.

Well said Ghazzu. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif I think that pretty much sums it up doesn't it? I don't believe that ANY amount of time should dull the pain of this issue. Period!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

scout33 - don't worry about me. I could care less whether or not PV hired or didn't hire a PR staff.

didn't know that Nancy had applied for reinstatement either. However, I'd never heard of her, other than the fact that she was one of the horse killers. Paul Valliere is a much more visible entity, in part because of the Eq judging issue earlier.
    Well, I thought you were against all those who were involved in the horse killings not just those who are "much more visable entities". If you only attack those who are high profile then that to me would seem like a vendetta against one person and since this entire forum only talks about PV and his actions I wonder why this is not defined as a vendetta.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Mistake: PV is giving an IV injection and accidently hits the carotid. Horse dies.

Greivous error in judgement: Lying about the cause of above horse's death.

Unforgivable act: This horse is such a piece of crap!!! I cannot believe I made a mistake in buying this horse and let's not make anybody lose their 'investment', even though I know better than anyone the 'investment horse' is an oxymoron. So, I'll give my good buddy Barney Ward a call, who can give his good buddy Tommy Burns a call and when we go to the horse show next week the horse can get offed. We will then rip off all of my fellow horsemen who insure horses so that I don't lose anything, the poor schmuck I sold him to doesn't lose anything (wasn't that poor schmuck his brother??) and I don't have to admit that I cannot train this piece of crap.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

WE DO NOT KNOW whether he has yet applied. But it's safe to assume he will.
    War Admiral, why is it safe to assume that he will apply for reinstatement?

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Scout, dear, the reason this whole thing came up at all is because Anthem, one of PV's customers, came onto this board and praised his horsemanship to the skies.

The ensuing debate sprang from that one post. If she hadn't said anything, there would not be three threads about PV on the first page.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Originally posted by scout33:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">didn't know that Nancy had applied for reinstatement either. However, I'd never heard of her, other than the fact that she was one of the horse killers. Paul Valliere is a much more visible entity, in part because of the Eq judging issue earlier.
    Well, I thought you were against all those who were involved in the horse killings not just those who are "much more visable entities". If you only attack those who are high profile then that to me would seem like a vendetta against one person and since this entire forum only talks about PV and his actions I wonder why this is not defined as a vendetta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

scout - sorry you misunderstood. I am totally against any and all horse killers being allowed into the USEF. I hadn't gotten involved before, because I didn't know that anyone was close to their possible reinstatement date. Because Paul has made himself such a visible entity and is better known, his possible reinstatement is more publicly known about. That's all, at least for me.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Midge:
    Scout, dear, the reason this whole thing came up at all is because Anthem, one of PV's customers, came onto this board and praised his horsemanship to the skies.

The ensuing debate sprang from that one post. If she hadn't said anything, there would not be three threads about PV on the first page.

So if anthem hadn't praised PV would there be no uproar, no threads about him and no petition to revoke his application for reinstatement, that seems a bit odd considering how adamant many are that this is about stopping those who committed a crime in the past.

PS-Midge I would appreciate it if you didn't patronize me when responding to something I have written.

So therefore, thanks, Anthem. Your post may have helped us prevent further reinstatements.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Originally posted by Ghazzu:

Once more, since many of you supporters of PV seem to keep missing this point:

Some of us feel that the action of ordering a horse electrocuted for money is a wee bit more serious than a "mistake".

A "mistake" is something like entering a second year horse in the first year greens.

Killing a horse for reasons of misplaced pride is more on the order of "heinous act".

Amen.
    And it should never be forgotten, swept under the rug or dismissively labeled "a mistake."

When these discussions pop up I am always horrified at the supporters of these people who lobby for them to go about their business in the horse world as if nothing had ever happened.
    I am relieved to hear the outrage of many who NEVER want to see ANY of these people within rock throwing distance of a horse again.

When that outrage goes away....I think I will go to NASCAR...for a classier crowd.