The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 103 of 166 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3315

I too would really like the answer to this:

GR702 Violations
    1. A violation is any act prejudicial to the best interests of the Federation, including but not limited to the following:

i. Riding, exhibiting, coaching or training for the benefit , credit, reputation or satisfaction of a suspended person.

What do you all think is TRULY the INTENT of this rule???

Anthem35 - Aren't you claiming that you exhibit, and by stating that he is your trainer, and how wonderful he is, and that he is the best, are you not riding for the credit and satisfaction of a suspended person?

BTW, what did you say your name was?

Ok, this situation is rather convoluted, I guess? AWF is owned by someone other than PV, but somehow PV gets paid to train and make decisions in care for horses there. There are also other trainers on AWF payroll who are the ones who sign off on entries of clients of PV and the other trainers?
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

[quote]Originally posted by Snowbird:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

[QUOTE.
    [/b]
    Do you have anything constructive that you do to make the wold we live in a be a better place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I do.

I recognize humans are nor perfect by any means, and will and do make mistakes.

I take the time to listen to THEM, and offer them a chance to make amends.

There is a lot of good that comes out of the bad, and I believe we are all deserving of a second chance.

Originally posted by Fairview Horse Center:

i. Riding, exhibiting, coaching or training for the benefit , credit, reputation or satisfaction of a suspended person.
    Y'know, that is just an... odd... rule. What the heck does it mean to show for the "reputation or satisfaction" of someone? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif

AWF is owned by someone other than PV, but somehow PV gets paid to train and make decisions in care for horses there. There are also other trainers on AWF payroll who are the ones who sign off on entries of clients of PV and the other trainers?
    Originally posted by anthem35:
    Whats clear is that Paul can do whatever he chooses to do...He is free to train anyone he chooses to on his private property.
    So who's property is it anyway? anthem35 seems to be saying it is his.

We can understand that you want to what is best for you. We are not saying anything about you. You need to understand that a good many people feel very passionately against someone who has admitted and been convicted of hiring someone to fake and accident so as to collect insrance; and particularly since there was need to destray in pain a perfectly good resalable horse.

What I care about is tht there needss to a time and place where horse people, sportsmen say you made the decision and now you are personna non grata in the the competion level of the horse world.

I think there are many excelent trainers who never resorted to that remedy. That makes them better trainers in my book of ethics than PV.

We have a trainer in New Jersey a good competitor and a vry nice man with his own fan club as well and he was accused of molesting his students. He claims he is innocent as well. BUT, he is forbidden to be anywhere in the proximity of children. No permanent physical damage was done to any child.

I am not sure if he ever was convicted but he has never once tried to bypass that rule of the court. I would be inclined to believe in his remorse but not his innocense.

Bizarre, Erin...and pointed, imo...
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AWF is owned by someone other than PV, but somehow PV gets paid to train and make decisions in care for horses there. There are also other trainers on AWF payroll who are the ones who sign off on entries of clients of PV and the other trainers?
    Whats clear is that Paul can do whatever he chooses to do...He is free to train anyone he chooses to on his private property.
    So who's property is it anyway? anthem35 seems to be saying it is his. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea whose it is, and I have no time to care whose it is.

I can ride whomever I choose.

If it is my choice to ride with a suspended trainer, then that is MY choice.

I managed a pretty big show schedule this past year, and at no point was breaking any rules,or told I was ineligible to compete due to any training activities conducted off showgrounds.

There is a lot of good that comes out of the bad, and I believe we are all deserving of a second chance.
    Absolutely, and he should be allowed to have a job, a home, develop friends, and prove what a good person he has become. Getting back the same status, and control over animals should NOT be part of his future.

Erin I agree with you completely. I would also like to know how they are interpreting these rules. And why they have been enforced according to the administrative policy that no one is above the rules. There are no excuses accepted from other rules enforcement.

If someone from administration came on and answered that question it would be constructive and something we all would like to know.

Originally posted by Snowbird:
    We can understand that you want to what is best for you. We are not saying anything about you. You need to understand that a good many people feel very passionately against someone who has admitted and been convicted of hiring someone to fake and accident so as to collect insrance; and particularly since there was need to destray in pain a perfectly good resalable horse.

What I care about is tht there needss to a time and place where horse people, sportsmen say you made the decision and now you are personna non grata in the the competion level of the horse world.

I think there are many excelent trainers who never resorted to that remedy. That makes them better trainers in my book of ethics than PV.

We have a trainer in New Jersey a good competitor and a vry nice man with his own fan club as well and he was accused of molesting his students. He claims he is innocent as well. BUT, he is forbidden to be anywhere in the proximity of children. No permanent physical damage was done to any child.

I am not sure if he ever was convicted but he has never once tried to bypass that rule of the court. I would be inclined to believe in his remorse but not his innocense.
    I understand this completely, and would not ever want my children in the hands of a child molester.

Child molestation is a result of a mental depravity and sickness.

I do not believe this can be cured.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anthem35:
    Absolutely, and he should be allowed to have a job, a home, develop friends, and prove what a good person he has become. Getting back the same status, and control over animals should NOT be part of his future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Control over animals that people have voluntarily taken to him.

It is your choice NOT to, and I can understand that.

But that decision should be left up to each individual based on their own ideas and priorities.

You know, if PV really wanted to prove that he has learned from this, and changed his ways, he would do what others have done - travel around the country giving speaches, helping to make laws stiffer, starting petitions to help STOP anyone else from doing what he did. Trying to make a difference, so others would learn from his past, and improve the welfare of show horses.

For those of you claiming that PV doesn't own any horses that are showing during his suspension, this comes DIRECTLY from a Mason Phelps Agency Press Release...

"Winter Equestrian Festival Week 7 Wrap-Up, March 9-13, 2005 CN Finale, CSIO-US 4*, 'AA'

Mason Phelps, Jr. of Phelps Media Group, Inc. at (561) 753-3389 or at

The R.W. "Ronnie" Mutch Scholarship winner, Cathy Rolfs, placed eighth in Section A of the ASPCA Maclay and had scores of 80 in both the hunter and jumper phases of the WIHS Equitation Classic. Zazou Hoffman, the R.W. "Ronnie" Mutch Working Student winner, placed ninth in the ASPCA Maclay and also received a score of 80 in the hunter phase of the WIHS Equitation Classic. Both girls were graciously loaned wonderful horses to compete on. Rolfs rode Aristocrat, who is owned by Paul Valliere, while Hoffman rode Missy Clark's Long Island. "

Now I have a question for Snowbird (as a show manager, I used to know all of the rules but it has been a while since I managed a show)....Isn't a recognized show subject to some sort of fine/reprimand/penalty if it allows a horse owned by a suspended person to show regardless if the horse is "recorded"??
    Sherry

Aefvue Farm....where everyone knows your name

In my mind Anthem35's sentiments on child molestation could be easily changed to something like this:

I understand this completely and would not ever want my horses in the hands of a horse killer.

Horse killing and subsequent insurance fraud is a result of mental depravity, sickness, ego and greed.

I do not believe that this can be cured.

Fairview-I couldnt agree with you more.

But what perhaps people have chosen to overlook is that he IS trying to help.

Paul spent WEEKS in Louisiana doing whatever he could to help the families and their animals devastated by the hurricane.

He has donated large sums of money to several animal related charities.

He did write a letter of apology to the Chronicle, for all the members of the USEF to read.

What I am saying is this---he IS TRYING.

I am certain that if you were to cross paths, he would apologize to YOU..Personally.

But people need to take their feet off his neck and let him up for air so he CAN apologize.

Originally posted by filly3:
    In my mind Anthem35's sentiments on child molestation could be easily changed to something like this:

I understand this completely and would not ever want my horses in the hands of a horse killer.

Horse killing and subsequent insurance fraud is a result of mental depravity, sickness, ego and greed.

I do not believe that this can be cured.

NO, but that wouold be your mind, not mine.

I do NOT think killing a horse is a result of sickness.
    I think it is a result of ego and greed.
    Which both CAN be cured.

Originally posted by Sherry3313 Groom of Winners Aefvue Farms:
    For those of you claiming that PV doesn't own any horses that are showing during his suspension, this comes DIRECTLY from Mason Phelps...

"Winter Equestrian Festival Week 7 Wrap-Up, March 9-13, 2005 CN Finale, CSIO-US 4*, 'AA'

Mason Phelps, Jr. of Phelps Media Group, Inc. at (561) 753-3389 or at

The R.W. "Ronnie" Mutch Scholarship winner, Cathy Rolfs, placed eighth in Section A of the ASPCA Maclay and had scores of 80 in both the hunter and jumper phases of the WIHS Equitation Classic. Zazou Hoffman, the R.W. "Ronnie" Mutch Working Student winner, placed ninth in the ASPCA Maclay and also received a score of 80 in the hunter phase of the WIHS Equitation Classic. Both girls were graciously loaned wonderful horses to compete on. Rolfs rode Aristocrat, who is owned by Paul Valliere, while Hoffman rode Missy Clark's Long Island. "
    I believe that this was a wording error on Mason's part, to which he has subsequently corrected.

Don't think there is a pin that is big enough to deflate that ego.

Can you then understand that to many of us who really love our less than spectacular horses. That we have mostly voted them into the family. They are to some people their only children.

To not sell the horse at a loss is I think an unforgivable pre-meditated and self serving decision. It is proved by his current actions.