The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 53 of 166 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3315

Originally posted by Coreene:
    War Admiral, congrats on that wonderful piece in the Palm Beach Post today. Lovely, lovely.

Of course, it had to have the usual Mason butt kiss, but then who is surprised?
    Thanks, Coreene - I didn't even know it was out until you e-mailed me!
    Linkage

For the record, I thought it was pretty well balanced. However - one minor correction: as everyone here knows, I am most definitely NOT an "amateur showjumper" - I haven't seen the business side of the in-gate at the jumper ring since ohhhh, '79-80 or thereabouts! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

I just don't want anyone to think I'm claiming to be something I'm not... Right now, I'm doing carriage driving with the Avemaster and still goofing around with saddle seat - I'll be doing adult pleasure eq. this season and MAYBE Country Pleasure later in the year if a suitable horse can be found. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Many thanks to Horse_Poor, Snowbird, Anyplace Farm, SNL & everyone else who is helping get and keep this thing together.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Not at all NEVER TOO LATE. I have 200 bracelets in hand; red with white letters in silicone. They are two sizes, large and medium there is one inch difference is size. So keep the orders coming. We can easily print more.

I'd love to see a few thousand out there being worn at all shows especially. And, don't forget the red ribbons idea at shows it's great conversation starter.

Great! I've got to scoot out to the farm & tuck the Avemaster in bed (I've messed my back up & he hasn't seen me in days) but I'll e-mail you an order when I get back.

Meanwhile, I've linked to the Palm Beach Post article on www.noreinstatement.org now.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Congratulations on your article, WA, I found the Mason comment interesting in that even he said it was the letter of the law that was complied with. He might as well have added "but not the spirit".
    POYBGP, member in good standing.

Originally posted by harryjohnson:
    Congratulations on your article, WA, I found the Mason comment interesting in that even he said it was the letter of the law that was complied with. He might as well have added "but not the spirit".
    Thanks, Harry, but I don't really think of it as "my" article... It's everybody's article. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif I'm just glad to see that the issue is getting back out on the table for discussion in public, the same way it's been under discussion in here for all these years.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND..... That the RED RIBBON is for AIDS AWARENESS and will be sending the WRONG message on "this topic"
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

I always thought the red ribbon was for finiishing second.

Oh! Good Lord there are not enough colors for all the causes to have separate color. Ours is red for the blood spilled by innocent horses. It says No Reinstatement in white letters. I'm certain white is also controversial.

We discussed it and we have them. I don't think that Aids Awareness is going to suffer an identity crisis by sharing the color red with our fallen horses. The red in our flag is for the blood spilled to protect freedom.

For every good cause there are always a thousand reasons to stay inactive if that's what you want.

Originally posted by Snowbird:
    Oh! Good Lord there are not enough colors for all the causes to have separate color. Ours is red for the blood spilled by innocent horses. It says No Reinstatement in white letters. I'm certain white is also controversial.

We discussed it and we have them. I don't think that Aids Awareness is going to suffer an identity crisis by sharing the color red with our fallen horses. The red in our flag is for the blood spilled to protect freedom.

For every good cause there are always a thousand reasons to stay inactive if that's what you want.
    How about sienna?

I just don't understand, why, when you say your focus is for these poor horses that died, why instead of focusing this campaign on horses that are already dead, people that have already been sentenced..WHY dont you turn the focus on things that are still happening... Horses that are STILL being killed for insurance money? Veterinarians that are still illegally signing Death Certificates?!?!? It's beginning to look like there is a personal grudge behind all this, Why dont you focus on saving horses that are still alive? Preventing this from reoccuring??
    www.millcreekfarm.net
    **RIP Kickstart aka Char 12/2/2009**

Big Dawg these companies only deal in primary colors. Sienna is a mixed color and they would produce a brown which look like a dark orange.

This is for the braclets only. If you all want to use Sienna for the ribbons that would be fine with me. Or some mix that suits everyone would be fine too.

Serah to do that you have to have people who are willing to bring charges against them. The idea is to go after the worst of the lot first. Those convicted and who confessed to their guilt.

I have suggested that we could go for a Rule Change which would require that anyone whose horse tested positive for drugs have those results sent to the District Attorney in the County and State where the incident happened.

What do you think the possibility of that is as to getting it approved and passed?

Serah - it (no reinstatement) will also serve as a deterrant (sp?) for people who think about committing this crime.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Originally posted by Serah:
    I just don't understand, why, when you say your focus is for these poor horses that died, why instead of focusing this campaign on horses that are already dead, people that have already been sentenced..WHY dont you turn the focus on things that are still happening... Horses that are STILL being killed for insurance money? Veterinarians that are still illegally signing Death Certificates?!?!? It's beginning to look like there is a personal grudge behind all this, Why dont you focus on saving horses that are still alive? Preventing this from reoccuring??
    Serah, the first, simplest and most obvious step toward deterring people from this kind of behavior is, in my opinion, to make it clear to USEF that we're not going to tolerate it.

The rules probably DO need to be changed. But these things take time - and the first thing we've got to be able to do is demonstrate that there is sufficiently strong feeling that such a rule change would be WIDELY supported.

Then it's up to USEF to figure out how to make that happen. And believe me, after talks w/ several people there about horse abuse last year, I still believe they are racking their brains to the fullest trying to figure out something that would actually work.

You have to understand that sometimes baby steps are necessary in order to get where you eventually want to go.

Hope that makes sense.

Serah, you sound as if you know people who do this personally. If you know of it, then you should be contacting the authorities and making them public with charges. We are trying to put the focus on what has happended so these people do not get back into the show world. If you know of these acts being done and have done nothing, you are no better than them by turning the other cheek.

Excellent point, Showponymom.

Posted Jan. 24, 2006 10:11 PM

We discussed it and we have them. I don't think that Aids Awareness is going to suffer an identity crisis by sharing the color red with our fallen horses. The red in our flag is for the blood spilled to protect
    I'm not talking about the bracelts those are AWSOME.... but someone mentioned "also" wearing a RED RIBBON too... that's what I was cautioning not the R/W bracelts ... okie dokie Ms V! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

Okie Dokie Mr.Andrew, It's been a generally weird day so I am philosophical and amiable to anyone who doesn't want to argue.

Bracelets are on my turf and whatever colors for ribbons are someone else's worry. The ribbons could be black and blue for bruises and beatings and red for blood spilled. But, I'm sure those are the national colors for something important.

I DO know people who have committed these crimes. And i went to the authorities, i went directly to the insurance company, and they told me basically to F**K OFF and that it was non of my business and that this person was a loyal customer of theirs...That's what i get for trying to save them 15,000$. So as far as getting the Insurance companies on your side....Good Luck.
    www.millcreekfarm.net

Do you really think lifetime suspension is going to scare these people away more than the thought of actually getting caught??? They would only have to face lifetime suspension IF they get caught.... Besides, like many people have commented, the suspensions haven't slowed most people down, they simply train off grounds and send their riders over. Maybe if getting caught was more likely, that would be the fear that would make them reconsider.
    www.millcreekfarm.net