The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default America's Got Talent

Who are you rooting for?

I'd be happy with any of these winning:
    Anna and Patryk
    Prince Poppycock
    Micheal Grimm
    Jackie Evancho
    Fighting Gravity

Anna and Patryk are just amazing, phenomenally talented danceres. Not to mention they just seem like darn good kids who work hard and love what they do.

Prince Poppycock... well, what's not to love?

Michael Grimm's voice is incredible. I'd buy a CD of him making random noises.

Jackie Evancho.. such a huge voice in a little body. Just incredible.

Fighting Gravity is super cool and unique.

I'm still mad that Wreckless didn't make it through. They were by far my favorite dance group.

Really loved Harmonica Pierre too.

I like some of the singers but am tired of seeing so many on AGT, I wish they were on American Idol instead... I'd rather seem more different talents on that show, instead of so much singing.

Poppycock is an exception though, not a "typical" singer, and I totally think he belongs on Broadway. What a character!

I also like some of the magicians.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

Jackie Evancho is absolutely amazing... Micheal Grimm is probably my favorite as far as best use of the money... and Prince Poppycock, well what's not to love... Maybe Prince Poppycock and Jackie E could go on tour together.

Jackie all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sooo happy that the magician made it through (Michael Grimm?). His story about having three kidney transplant had me in tears.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

If I was a betting woman, I'd bet on Jackie Evancho all the way. She's got the "cute" factor, along with the big voice. That said, I worry that she is doing damage to that voice, by using it so much, so young. How is she going to hold up on tour?

I'll be voting for Prince Poppycock, definitely. That character is made for Vegas. And, I like the shy young man who hides behind all of the flamboyance.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Well, to get that far so early Jackie E. has to practice, so I'm sure her instructor will map out a schedule to cope with the pace of the tour. I enjoy the talented performers, but I love the interplay between the judges even more! Piers was right on when he said that Sharon was indeed the rose between two thorns!

Prince Poppycock, Michael Grimm, Michael Grasso and Fighting Gravity.....<3. I can't pick between them.

I want either the Prince or Fighting Gravity to win.

I find Jackie kind of creepy. I also wish she'd stop doing whatever it is she does with her hands while she sings. I think she's going to win, though. She's got the cute little girl factor working for her that is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horse Farm View Post
    Jackie all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sooo happy that the magician made it through (Michael Grimm?). His story about having three kidney transplant had me in tears.
    Michael Grimm is the singer and my favorite!
    Nxxt, Prince Poppycock!!!
    I really don't want to see Jackie to win, only because she is too young for a Las Vegas show and as I ask myself for each performer, is this someone I want to sit for 2 hours and watch? And I would not want to listen to 2 hours of opera!
    Michael does have CD's out..check out his website. I gotta buy one!
    I am sorry Murray didn't make it through.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

The way I decide it, since the judges make the final decision, I look at the last 2 years. Last year was Kevin Skinner (singer) the year before was the opera guy (singer) the year before that was Terry Fader (ventriloquist). So I am thinking instead of a singer, they are going to go with someone with an actual act instead. I am predicting Zero Gravity, Prince Poppycock (face it, he's an act unto himself), or Michael Grasso the magician.

I adore Prince PC; I mean, what's not to love?

As far as Jackie hurting her voice, look at Charlotte Church who was also a huge star at what 12? Nothing wrong with her pipes years later.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Michael Grimm all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    As far as Jackie hurting her voice, look at Charlotte Church who was also a huge star at what 12? Nothing wrong with her pipes years later.
    I would beg to differ. Her tone is breathy and inconsistent, she has visible neck tension, and she's still rocking the awkward chin-wobble vibrato. She doesn't have healthy technique. Does Charlotte still have a lovely voice? Sure she does, just like little Jackie. Are either of them good examples of the genre they attempt to represent? No way.

Jackie needs to lay off the big girl rep and find a teacher who knows how to nurture the kind of great natural talent she has, not one who will push and exploit her.

So I'm really hoping she doesn't win. She has too much going for her to waste it now.

Prince Poppycock and Fighting Gravity. Either one of them could win and I'd be happy. Both unusual enough and fun to watch. PPC even make me enjoy opera - and I hate opera!

I don't watch the show, but Anna's dad works for the building I work in as a maintenance person and he has put up posters of Anna and Patryk all over the place.
    She wasn't running away with me, I just couldn't stop her!

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I would beg to differ. Her tone is breathy and inconsistent, she has visible neck tension, and she's still rocking the awkward chin-wobble vibrato. She doesn't have healthy technique. Does Charlotte still have a lovely voice? Sure she does, just like little Jackie. Are either of them good examples of the genre they attempt to represent? No way.

Jackie needs to lay off the big girl rep and find a teacher who knows how to nurture the kind of great natural talent she has, not one who will push and exploit her.

So I'm really hoping she doesn't win. She has too much going for her to waste it now.
    Hmm, good point. Did you see the first season of AGT? Another young girl with an amazing voice won the entire thing. I think she was 11 or 12. I wonder how she's holding up.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert