The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grocery Stores to sell WEG tickets...

http://www.eventingnews.com/stories....s&title=Kroger Stores To Offer WEG Tickets&rate=740

Wonder if they will be with all the other impulse items whilst waiting at check out:

The national enquirer
    Gum
    Chocolate Bar
    AND
    WEG tickets

How Grand....

I just saw this and came here wondering if anyone got wind of it yet.

Too funny.

Just running to the store to grab some WEG tix. Be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Lady View Post
    I just saw this and came here wondering if anyone got wind of it yet.

Too funny.

Just running to the store to grab some WEG tix. Be back soon.

No No...

"honey, I'm going to the store, need anything"?

"yeah, get me a pack of ciggies and some of them there WEG tickets if they gott'em"

New break-up method:

"I have no idea what happened. He said he was heading to the store to get some WEG tickets and a lottery scratch game. Nobody has seen him since."

Aside, you know you are a redneck when you use your lottery ticket winnings to buy cigarettes. I saw this the other day at the Loaf n Jug.

If this takes off then may be instead of pre ordering my OG tickets I can just buy them at the gas station.

One big step toward a more populist attitude.

This is great news. WEG should be easily accessible to everyone, especially kids, because they're the future of our sport. The prices are still high but at least you can buy a pass without having to tack on all of the Ticketmaster monopoly's unconscionable extra charges.

Do they sell the $636/day 'hospitality' packages at Kroger too?

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    One big step toward a more populist attitude.

This is great news. WEG should be easily accessible to everyone, especially kids, because they're the future of our sport. The prices are still high but at least you can buy a pass without having to tack on all of the Ticketmaster monopoly's unconscionable extra charges.

Do they sell the $636/day 'hospitality' packages at Kroger too?

Yeah if I were on the fence about taking my children to WEG, then the fact that the tickets are available "down the piggly wiggley" would certainly persude me.

From the onset, these games have been nothing short of drawing in a monied crowd...now, the money of the unwashed public is looking that much greener.

Honestly I know I am making some jokes about this, but had the organizers had a broader and more realistic vision then I think more tickets would have been sold to the "super market crowd", myself included, as I happen to shop at Kroger.

I believe from the onset that the perception was that extreme wealth was heading to kentucky. Some maybe, but most of us are not.
    Last edited by snoopy; Sep. 1, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

Too funny.
    guess you've never been to Kroger...

They also sell discounted tickets to the Newport Aquarium, the Corvette Museum, the Speed Art Museum in Louisville, the Kentucky State Fair, and more...

Oh crap! It's just for a grounds pass.

I was HOPING to circumvent the Ticket Master fees just to buy a Sat driving marathon ticket.

Will they sell these the day of at the gate????
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

Quote Originally Posted by mares tails View Post
    guess you've never been to Kroger...
    Not in about a decade... maybe more! I'm Canadian. We don't even sell liquor in our grocery stores!

Not in about a decade... maybe more! I'm Canadian. We don't even sell liquor in our grocery stores!

Why how ever do you mange to get by?!

I'm not even going to touch the roller coaster of marketing rollback turns these folks have made...

but when I lived in Denver, years ago, you could buy ski lift tickets at the supermarket.
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Why how ever do you mange to get by?!
    They sell liquor everywhere else. You go to a kebab stand and it's got a full bar.

Oh -- and everyone seems to make their own beer and wine. There are numerous shops selling home brewing equipment in my little town.

Jazzy, you live in the wrong place in Canada - they sell beer and liquor in my grocery store The Foodland in Hillsburgh - why do you think Andrew Bailini is always so happy

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

So, JER--are you planning a trip to Nashville to buy your WEG grounds pass from Kroger?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    So, JER--are you planning a trip to Nashville to buy your WEG grounds pass from Kroger?
    Um, I've never been to Kroger. They have them in Nashville?

(I bike to the farmer's market and venture out to Whole Foods occasionally when I can commandeer a motorized vehicle. I'm not one for packaged/processed food products.)

My friends in Lex offered me a place to stay but I can't bring myself to go to an event with the WEG greed attitude. It's just so 2005. I swallowed my populist pride and went to the Van Olympics this year. It was expensive and awful and unless someone wants to give me free tickets and a $636/day hospitality pass (that's my absolute MINIMUM for daily hospitality -- isn't it everyone's?), I'm staying home. Probably not in Nashville either as I don't want to cart my old, tiny dog that far this autumn.

I'm hoping to go to some UK/Euro events next year, avec ma jument brune. That's the current plan. Fingers crossed.

Can Walmart be far behind?
    Wait - at the Georgetown Walmart over Rolex, they were selling
    "branded" WEG t shirts for thirty some bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post

My friends in Lex offered me a place to stay but I can't bring myself to go to an event with the WEG greed attitude. It's just so 2005. I swallowed my populist pride and went to the Van Olympics this year. It was expensive and awful and unless someone wants to give me free tickets and a $636/day hospitality pass (that's my absolute MINIMUM for daily hospitality -- isn't it everyone's?), I'm staying home.

I'm hoping to go to some UK/Euro events next year, avec ma jument brune. That's the current plan. Fingers crossed.

YUP!!!! I am more excited to head to Burghley and Blenheim. Out of principal I have no desire to attend the WEG in Kentucky. I am not about to support greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Janette View Post
    Jazzy, you live in the wrong place in Canada - they sell beer and liquor in my grocery store The Foodland in Hillsburgh - why do you think Andrew Bailini is always so happy
    That's true... the smaller towns have a LCBO/Beer Store. In MY small town there are 3 seperate locations. It makes shopping for horse shows far more time consuming. I usually end up skipping the grocery store and heading straight for the LCBO. It's good to support the food at the events anyway

That's true... the smaller towns have a LCBO/Beer Store. In MY small town there are 3 seperate locations. It makes shopping for horse shows far more time consuming. I usually end up skipping the grocery store and heading straight for the LCBO. It's good to support the food at the events anyway

Love a chick with priorities...