The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shirts that are approved for shows( with out a jacket)

I'm at a loss to try to figure out what kind of shirt I need to wear at my first recognized HT if the jackets are waived. I know it needs to be short sleeved, but if anyone could post links for examples, I would be very appreciative!

While I'm on the subject, what color breeches are allowed in the Dressage?

thank you !
    Formally Marinewife91

It can be long sleeved or short sleeved, it just can't be sleeveless. It must have a collar (no tee shirts).
    What you will typically see are
    Polo shirts
    Oxfords
    Ratcatchers without neckware
    Various "dressage shirts" without neckware.

WRT britches for dressage, they must be "light color or white."

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks Marx The Spot View Post
    I'm at a loss to try to figure out what kind of shirt I need to wear at my first recognized HT if the jackets are waived. I know it needs to be short sleeved, but if anyone could post links for examples, I would be very appreciative!

While I'm on the subject, what color breeches are allowed in the Dressage?

thank you !
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Just wear a polo shirt, it is perfectly acceptable. You can also wear any light coloured breeches for dressage. I opt for tan as it is dirt coloured, LOL.

also, remember if its a one day HT (thats not a championship div.) the rules now say you dont need to wear a jacket! there was another thread about this a little while back so you could prob find a link to the actual part in the rulebook where this is specified...

So my "shirt" for dressage is one of those technical fabric ones that partially zips up the front, has a stock tie loop and such, BUT it is white in front and light blue on a portion of the back of it.

I promise I WILL check with the TD on it's legality should coats be waived, but anyone have any insight on whether it *may* be legal? It is light colors, but not solid (though solid isn't mentioned in rule). If it definitely isn't, I'll go buy a polo just for this. If it may be, I'll take my chances and switch to my solid white ratcatcher if needed (it's baggy, not as breathable).

EV114
    10. EXTREME WEATHER. At temperatures above 85F, a heat index above 85, or at the discretion of the Ground Jury or the Organizer, competitors will be permitted to compete without jackets, in the dressage and/or jumping tests. In such cases, competitors must wear either a long or short sleeved shirt of conservative color without neckwear...

We always ask the judge when we want to use one of those shirts, but 90% of judges have said "fine" One did say no and so my friend rode in a white polo shirt that day. I ride in this (with no neckware as also per the rules): http://www.equestriancollections.com...upcode=FS03249

or this: http://www.kerrits.com/Equestrian-Ap...ey-21p844.htm#
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!