The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mini paint gelding desperate for a home (GA)

An 11 year old as above, currently living in a tiny chiken coop is in desperate need for a mommy. The truth, this guy was purchased a year and a half ago and they have not touched him once. So, is he frightened, yup but has not offered to be unkind at all. I do not have a place to put this little fella so I am simply feeding and watering him.

He is in good shape and clearly, someone had done something with this guy before he became a pet for the four kids who had no desire to have him in the first place.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Would take him in an instant if I had a way to get him to Central Texas. Have 2 others; one is a therapy horse and the other is a pony companion. Any ideas?

Well Texas is a bit far away unless someone is going that way already and can put him in there pocket LOL
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Is it possible to get some pictures?

Isnt there a post from someone in Aiken looking for a mini?????????
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

I will get a couple pics of him tomorrow since the ones I had clearly dont show up well. I took some of the little guy living in a dark chiken coop and they didnt turn out so well so when he is free, I will take his photos. He is a black and white paint, cute, but just that, black and white paint, long mane and tail.

If we can arrange transportation to Maryland, he would have a fantastic home with my barn owner. She is desperate for a pony or mini and has tons of succesful rescue experience, patience, and time to love on him.

Hmmmm ... I could actually use a mini or pony to act as a companion when I want to take just one of my two mares away from home. Anything known about his pre-chicken-coop history in terms of being turned out with and getting along with other equines?

I'm in SC.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

Well, lets see if anyone is headed that way providing she actually wants one. I can load him no problem but Maryland is not one of my destinations anytime soon LOL

Here are some pics of him in the coop...ugh...it breaks my heart to see them...yes, he is honest to God in the chicken coop.
    Last edited by equineartworks; May. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

How heartbreaking! He can join my mini mare here in Tn should someone be passing by with a trailer!
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Equislover - where in TN? I will be heading up to the Chattanooga area Sunday the 19th for body clipping. If someone could get him to Wills Park, we could put him in my trailer there, then I can bring him to the Chatt area...
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

ColoredHorse would be a great home....I can vouch for Her....wonderful person, great home.
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

Have fun, be safe, and let the mare think it is her idea!

hehehe I am closer to Chattanooga than I am to Wills Park. Where in Tn. As for how was he prior to chiken coop life, fine. See, he was hanging with the neighbors horses which is what got him into the chiken coop. CAnt have ponies running around the neighborhood loose even if you dont want them.

Someone needs to home this little guy. Heck and soon, you know, he doesnt even have a name and a horse with no name is not a good thing here.

I need a weaning buddy for my 2010 colt (who WILL be gelded as soon as possible.) Do you think this little guy would be suitable?

Can anything be done about shots/coggins/health certificate so he can cross state lines? What would that cost in that area and is there anywhere that he could be boarded at a reasonable cost for a week or 2 prior to shipping?
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

I'm in Aiken and can provide a fabulous home if anyone could trailer him here.

Default chicken coop guy

He can come to my farm. Seriously.

Ok he has tons of offers of a home so now can someone decide which one and how he will get there.

And please, someone give him a name.

Oh, shots and coggins can be done for about 50 bucks. Would he have a ride to TX.?

Anyone going to Aiken, how about Nashville?

I propose the name Cooper!
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

Have fun, be safe, and let the mare think it is her idea!

I'm in Knoxville - where is he exactly? I'd be happy to help move him.