The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default cleaning white neoprene boots

Would love to hear the tips and tricks you all have to get them clean. (Neoprene Splint Boots, Combo Boots, Etc.) - I can't be the only one who has gone and bought white against their better judgment.

Dishwasher...

Quote Originally Posted by Go Fish View Post
    Dishwasher...
    What a great idea. Family is already accustomed to finding bits and stirrup irons in the dishwasher, might as well add the boots and make it a full load.

Procedure to date has been to soak in laundary sink with Oxyclean and dishwash liquid, then scrub with a scrub brush, rinse well, hang in sun to dry.

Dishwasher sounds much much better...
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Spray them with Oxy clean and then wash them with your regular washer detergent and some bluing.

I suspect it may be the dishwasher soap. If someone doesn't want to put horsey stuff in the dishwasher, they might try just scrubbing the boots with the soap and really hot water.

I'm with you, Mozart. I throw everything in the dishwasher I possibly can. Shoot...I even put brushes in there. DH doesn't like it, but I just say to him, "hey, when you start loading and unloading the damn thing, then you can decide what goes in there."

Hmm, yeah I throw pretty much anything metal in the dishwasher - and on occasion I do a load of brushes when nobody is home to catch me doing it. Does the detergent rinse clean, or should I rinse 2x?

Awesome idea. I also don't know much about oxy clean - haha, I worry much less about how my clothes look.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkeyPony View Post
    Hmm, yeah I throw pretty much anything metal in the dishwasher - and on occasion I do a load of brushes when nobody is home to catch me doing it. Does the detergent rinse clean, or should I rinse 2x?

Awesome idea. I also don't know much about oxy clean - haha, I worry much less about how my clothes look.
    Everything rinses clean for me. I do have a fairly new dishwasher, though. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I like the idea that everything is sanitized (supposedly) in the dishwasher. I wonder if I can put the dogs in there?