The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which stallion owners are willing to ship LATE in the season?

Out of curiosity, and inspection and registration issues aside, which stallion owners ship fresh semen really late in the year (think September/October/maybe even November!)?

I know Kathy is awesome--she humored me last year when I ended up with a new mare late in the year that I thought would cross particularly well with Mannhattan, and that I didn't want to leave open. Mannhattan seemed happy to help out, too.

Who else is willing to ship when a breeder ends up in a pickle that late in the year?

Escapade's owner Alicia at BarringtonHillFarm.com is always more than happy to ship late. I am still trying with a pony mare this year. She is great to work with and Escapade has super swimmers. I am thrilled with my 2 Escapade fillies and look forward to 2 hopefully 3 next year.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Edgar at Rainbow Equus. He has a fabulous stable of boys and is a joy to work with. I just had a good friend breed her mare a few days ago and Edgar was more than happy to accomodate.

You might want to look at this thread for suggestions, similar topic:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=261108

Richard is available for frozen semen if that would be an option for you. He is now at the trainer's and is back showing
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

Gray Fox is still collecting & shipping.

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/

Valentino Z is available - in fact, we had several mid-August shipments.

We ship Ironman through the end of October, or as long as he is needed.
    Nancy
    Home of Ironman: GOV, BWP, RPSI, CSHA, AWR, ISR Oldenburg, CWHBA, CSHA, CS, and PHR.
    www.ironmanonline.com

I do. I just ask for a little extra notice, as I'm not "on call", like I am in Spring
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

We do as well. September for collecting is normal for us and we've also shipped into mid October as well!

Brrrr .....

We will collect and ship fresh from Zauberruf any time.
    Trakehner breeder and eventer!

We are still open for business until the end of October if you want a really cute pony hunter baby!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

We do and have, working with mare owners with elder ladies who were not quite ready until quite late in the season. Got nice fillies from both, too!
    Homesick Angels Farm
    breeders of quality Irish Draught Sporthorses
    standing Manu Forti's Touch Down RID
    www.IrishHuntersandJumpers.com

We are happy to collect and ship Roc USA whenever he might be needed.

Default Willemoes

HilCat Farm with does with Willemoes...he has a few more collections scheduled tentatively for late foaling mares within the next month at least...

Hilda Lanaux is also doing early bird breeding specials starting Sept 1st through February. Breedings booked/ paid for by Oct 31st receive a 40% discount. Also a discount for those MO's agreeing to nominate their foals to the IHF or IJF.
    Always special considerations to Proven Show and Broodmares as well as Multiple mare discounts.
    Willemoes at HilCat Farm is available for a "by the dose" option with fresh cooled semen at a reduced fee if you want to go that route.

He is a 16.3hd Elite Danish stallion and also approved GOV, Oldenburg , Holsteiner and BWP. He is nominated for the IHF & IJF for 2010 and will also be for 2011.
    Here are some photos and more info on him:
    http://www.hilcatfarm.com/Stallions/Stallions.html

Hilda Lanaux at HilCat is great and very accommodating to work with.....her number is 985 630 5552.
    Last edited by MagicHillFarm; Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
    * Magic Hill Farm, LLC
    www.MagicHillFarmLLC.com
    "Bridging the Gap Between the Hunter Breeding and Performance Rings in the US"

While I do think Willemoes is a very nice stallion, I did not find the incentives enough for me to breed to him. I had inquired about breeding my Elite mare to him as a one time breeding, which was offered at $1000 for one shipment, no LFG. His regular LFG fee is $2400. For me, in this economy, those are too steep with all the lovely stallions around, both fresh and frozen. I am happy for them with his success and wish them all the best with such a nice stallion, but the cost was not competitive, to me. JMHO.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Quote Originally Posted by buschkn View Post
    While I do think Willemoes is a very nice stallion, I did not find the incentives enough for me to breed to him. I had inquired about breeding my Elite mare to him as a one time breeding, which was offered at $1000 for one shipment, no LFG. His regular LFG fee is $2400. For me, in this economy, those are too steep with all the lovely stallions around, both fresh and frozen. I am happy for them with his success and wish them all the best with such a nice stallion, but the cost was not competitive, to me. JMHO.
    Thanks so much for posting such nice words about Willemoes....just to clarify a few things:

The $2400 was Willemoes' regular fee, which included the first collection and shipment to the MO.

Hilda decided to simplify things this year and price his fee at $2000 with LFG with the MO to pay the vet clinic for collection/shipping separately.

From Sept 1st thru Oct 31st- 40% discount = $1200

From Nov 1st thru Dec 31st- 30% discount= $1400

From Jan 1st to Jan 31st- 20% discount= $1600

From Feb 1st to Feb 28th- 10% discount= $1800

* Additional discounts for MOs who agree to nominate their foals to the IHF & IJF

* His is a 2 year breeding contract

Hope this helps
    * Magic Hill Farm, LLC
    www.MagicHillFarmLLC.com
    "Bridging the Gap Between the Hunter Breeding and Performance Rings in the US"

My boys are ready and quite willing to help out for late breeders. We love our fall babies.
    Sandy
    www.sugarbrook.com
    hunter/jumper ponies

We just got a collection of Spy Coast Farm's SCF Renaissance for ponygirl's mare. Semen was rocking good and SCF was extremely accommodating with the scheduling.

Will also be using Fidelio and possibly a JSF stallion for a late season breeding.

Benidetto is still shipping as well. Just this weekend!
    Plus, we are collecting for frozen semen now
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

Willimoes is NOT listed as approved for breeding with Oldenburg NA on either the farm's website or OLNA's website. Are you sure? Was he just recently approved and not listed yet?
    Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
    Now apparently completely invisible!