The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage Pony Trainer

Is there such a thing as a top notch dressage trainer on the east coast that has the capacity to start a large pony?

Cory Gregory is very good, and has a lot of experience in bringing green ponies along.

I also ride strictly ponies but don't start.
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

Thanks Kelly. I have backed her and had my husband lead her around while I was mounted, but she has since been turned out for a year. Do you have contact info by any chance?

I would be interested in recommendations on this topic as well. You could try contacting Lendon Gray as she has been a big supporter of ponies in dressage.

http://www.glenedendressage.com/contact.html

I have seen video and show results for ponies that Cory has started and have been impressed.

Good luck!

My friend uses Brenda Doudican (spelling phonetic) in NJ for her Welsh. She rides him now at 4th level with success
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Try Lendon, she probably can recommend someone that can start a large for you.
    B

Siobhan Byrne www.qualiadressage.com , a USDF Silver Medalist, starts ponies and horses under saddle. She is located in Maryland and trains out of my farm. She and I together are currently running a "special" young horse starting package which includes marketing said young horse for sale if desired at the end of the training period.
    GoodNess Ridge Farm
    www.goodnessridge.com

Quote Originally Posted by tempichange View Post
    Cory Gregory is very good, and has a lot of experience in bringing green ponies along.

I also ride strictly ponies but don't start.
    I also highly recommend. Here is her site http://www.elimikasportponies.com/El.../Services.html

Thank you so much everyone I will follow every one of these leads! Wish me luck

Teresa Butta in Maryland is also exceptional. She has been working with my pony for the past 4 years & has taken him from just started to winning at 4th level. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more information.

Best of luck.