The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default XC boot recommendations?

I currently run my horse in Eskadron XC boots which I like a lot, they've protected him really well so far, but his legs are always SO hot when he comes off course and they don't dry out very well.
    I've been thinking of switching to Ecogold boots but I don't want to spend the money on them without hearing some other opinions.
    I've read some of the other threads on here about them and they seem great but I just wanted to check since...well, they're really expensive haha.
    Or, any boots that you'd recommend over Ecogolds? Thank you!

I havent ever used the Ecogolds, but I have friends that use the NEW boots and like them a lot. They are super duper light weight and are pretty "airy". The Tri-zones look nice too.

Check some of the other posts. Several people (including me) have had trouble with the Tri-zone. I like either the Dalmars or the Premier Equine for "cool" boots
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I have never used Ecogolds, nor do I know anyone who has. So I can't really recommend anything OVER them, necessarily...

BUT... I do love my Woofs. I have the double lock brushing boots, and I adore them. They don't hold water, they stay in place very well, and my horse's legs are never hot after wearing them. I have no complaints about them!

I haven't used the Ecogolds. I opted for the NEW Airoflows and have been REALLY happy with them. They are super tough, clean up nice, and my horse's legs are cool and dry the whole time.

.. years ago someone on this very coth recommended boogaloo boots. Got myself a set and love them.

They're just a galloping/brush boot... but dont ever move, water/mud and all.
    Carol and Princess Dewi

**~Doccer'sDressage~**

I had boogaloos years ago and loved them, but haven't seen them recently. I do like the airflow aspect of the boots I use now.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I HIGHLY recommend the Premier Equine air cooled boots. Just got a pair for my girl about a month ago and I loff them!

Her legs still sweat a bit after a long ride, but nothing like the neoprene that we used before. And they seem to be really high quality.

I have NEW boots and love them! super light weight and don't hold water. My horse's legs are never very hot when I take them off. And they stay in place really well. I had issue with Eskadrons sliding down on my horse's back legs.