The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Suggestions for Dressage Trainers/Event Pro Riders in NoVa?

I'm looking for a dressage or eventing pro rider/trainer with strong dressage work in Northern Virginia who could come out and school horses. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

There are many such people in the northern VA/MD area, though I think you might have trouble getting them to come to you for rides. Most of the good ones in that area take horses in on training board though, have you considered that?
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

I also think it will be hard to get a good or busy pro to come out to your farm, although I do know a lot of local girls who event who will come out and ride/hack/leg up horses for people. Would you be willing to trailer in to someone's farm? I know we are too busy to go to someone else's farm but with very good clients let them haul in for training rides. Even this can be hard, as the days are really booked with horses here, but I know we sometimes do it, and think there are some other trainers who do as well.
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

If I had time to trailer in, I'd have time to ride them myself! A young rider type would be fine. These aren't the 2nd coming of Gifted, just show hunters who are ridden by their owner (me) with a solid foundation in flatwork and I'd like to find someone to help keep them ridden when I can't who can continue with at least the same level of flatwork if not improve upon it. I'm not interested in sending them anywhere for training, just helping keep them in training at home.

There are TONS of eventing folks in NOVA -- it's part of Area II. You can contact our webmaster or coordinators (http://www.usea2.net) and put up an ad or a notice on our listserv to see if there is someone looking for rides. We have lots of great folks in our Adult Riders group who are very very connected who might be able to help you out.

Thanks Wildlifer!

REH, you have a PM.
    Chase's Mom; RIP Dezi 1/99-2/09