The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Yarmouth Farm, West Grove, Pa - Trainer choice? (Chris Murphy/Jen Berry)

Hey guys, Its been a while since I've posted here... I'm currently in the process of selling one of my horses (bought as a resale project) and moving to a full care boarding farm. I've become very interested in Yarmouths facilities. I've driven by the farm many times but am going to actually look at the farm next week. Here's my question; from what I understand there are two "farms" running out of the barn... Shalimar Stables (Chris Murphy) and Integrity Farms (Jen Berry) with assistant trainer (Hilary Simons)

Both have impressive training, Just not sure what one I should be more interested in... Does anyone have any first hand experience with ether trainer?

Or any other recommendations of other farms out between West Grove and West Chester/Downingtown Area? Indoor would be a HUGE bonus!

-Thanks guys!
    -T
    You board with what I call a, sh!t disturber - Patty Lynch

What is your riding level and goals? That will help determine barn/trainer.

Well, the horse I'd be moving is a green 5 year old paint/tb... (he's had a few set backs in training) But I'd like to get back into riding seriously again, get him to where he should be and just have fun again, I've been doing self care for God knows how long, I'm just tired of it... tired of not being able to ride all winter too.
    You board with what I call a, sh!t disturber - Patty Lynch

They are both great! Chris seems to be geared slightly more towards ponies so I'd probably go with Jen. Jen always has great working students who work with a lot of the green/problem horses.
    Good luck!