The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dwblover View Post
    All I'm going to say is that I REALLY hope Astrid wins!!!
    So I read that comment and was like you hope I win....then I remembered the journalists name is Astrid too. Wow its been one of those days!
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

I wonder why they would go after Astrid and not St Georg et al ?
    http://www.nobynas.se/articles.htm
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by HSS View Post
    I vividly remember the video of Anky warming up/riding Idool in rollkur which circulated on the internet back around the Sydney Olympics- I believe it was actually taken at the Olympics, or at least rumored to be.

Nothing LDR about it- spurring energetically, pulling with all her might on a double, gawdawful.
    This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMqS1DTShNE ??
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post

I still say lets focus on actual abuse, like... um... the starving horse all across the states.
    Oh please don't dig up that old rotten potato.

At least discuss the issue on its own merits in dressage, without trying to pull in the starving children in China. Sorry, I mean the starving horses.

Quote Originally Posted by MelantheLLC View Post
    Oh please don't dig up that old rotten potato.

At least discuss the issue on its own merits in dressage, without trying to pull in the starving children in China. Sorry, I mean the starving horses.

Why? Because outside of the dressage riders world.... There is sense?

I try to remind myself that there is show life, and real life.

Real life means that you can have some perspective when it comes to the dressage queens and their witch hunts.

So ... Please.... Feed some children, horses, what have you, but this thing with pretending Anky is a monster is pretty lame.

They did and if memory serves were successful in prohibiting SG from posting her photos in connection with 'abuse".

That may even be the gist of this suit as well. Don't know.

I'd rather read the actual court documents (translated) than the journalists' editorializing about it because as we have seen before, you don't necessarilly get the facts that way.

So ... Please.... Feed some children, horses, what have you, but this thing with pretending Anky is a monster is pretty lame.
    It's hardly a witch hunt to discuss a lawsuit that Anky herself has brought.

But hey, if we must have Peace In Our Time before we can discuss big names in dressage, I guess we do need to get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    http://www.nobynas.se/articles.htm
    if i remember correctly - they did go after ST Georg and said the "won" .... St Georg had to remove one word i think.. or maybe a phrase?

i cant remember.

but in any case - this will be interesting - because literally Sjef is trying to re-write history and say Anky never did do rollkur - which is harmful (glad he finally admits it) but she does LDR which is horse friendly because, you know, they would never hurt a horse (remember that video of Sjef , the degogue and the double bridle?) horses would never do anything they didnt want (my pony would disagree!) or that hurts them (ummm.... yeah, that is why horses work on inured legs, backs, cranked shut nosebands etc etc etc)

(sung like david bowie)

Why? Because outside of the dressage riders world.... There is sense?
    really?

what exactly do you know of the dressage world having just entered it about 2 years ago?

i wonder how/if they are going to get all the videos that are on utube youtube down?

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    really?

what exactly do you know of the dressage world having just entered it about 2 years ago?
    What the hell are you talking about?

MBM have you been holding onto that little quote since the Masters thread?

You didnt know what you were talking about then, and you sure as helk dont know what your talking about now, but sorry that your anger at Ankly is so obsessive that you have to vent it on the posters here on a forum.

Oh boy. Never saw that before. That horse would have been perfectly justified in turning her into a lawn dart, face first. Looks like he thought about it for a split second.

Blessed are the horses, for they put up with many idjits.
    Fear is the rocket sauce.
    Jack Black

Not sure how the judge or lawyers will be able to handle an imprecise definition of rollkur.

Who is to prove that those videos are rollkur and not LDR ?
    Certainly not the FEI who have seriously confused the issue with their spineless "resolution" of the question. I would imagine that if the FEI cannot distinguish between Rollkur and LDR then how could anybody else, including Anky, Sjef and Astrid . The instructions to stewards involve illustrations of what is/is not an acceptable head and neck position with the proviso that those positions should not be produced by "aggressive" riding. We all know that a horse can be aggressively trained away from competitions to produce a habitual head and neck position when being shown.

The whole thing is stupid and impossible to adjudicate one way or the other.
    Last edited by Equibrit; Aug. 25, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Who is to prove that those videos are rollkur and not LDR ?
    Certainly not the FEI who have seriously confused the issue with their spineless "resolution" of the question. I would imagine that if the FEI cannot distinguish between Rollkur and LDR then how could anybody else, including Anky, Sjef and Astrid . The instructions to stewards involve illustrations of what is/is not an acceptable head and neck position with the proviso that those positions should not be produced by "aggressive" riding. We all know that a horse can be aggressively trained away from competitions to produce a habitual head and neck position when being shown.

The whole thing is stupid and impossible to adjudicate one way or the other.
    i dont know.... and i find it weird that the FEI keep renaming it and now the creators of it say they never did it but they do LDR...

who can keep up?

it is a total farce! (but a farce that makes a lot of money)
    Last edited by mbm; Aug. 25, 2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: update Equibrits quote afters/he edited

What the hell are you talking about?

MBM have you been holding onto that little quote since the Masters thread?

You didnt know what you were talking about then, and you sure as helk dont know what your talking about now, but sorry that your anger at Ankly is so obsessive that you have to vent it on the posters here on a forum.
    you are correct. i do not know much about the french/baucher method. that is why i ask a lot of questions.

i am not sure what it is i am supposed to know about "now" , and you are right i am angry - but that is because i just re-broke my ribs and that is zero fun, hurts like h e double L and makes me cranky.

and frankly, i get tired of the same ole same ole dishing it out.... its gets tiring....

She is discussing her use of hyperflexion here. Can't really deny that fact. It makes me curious what the court documents say, and if they're really having a problem with identification with the technique or use of the word rollkur specifically, or what?

All I do know is it appears we've read a very one-sided view on this situation. Just one side makes it very amusing and makes these boards sound like all peace, love and harmony. But I am curious what the other side of the court situation is. Do I think the riding in this video is ugly? Yes. Do I think she is more talented than I can ever hope to be? Yes.

Edit:
    mbm pointed out I stupidly forgot to paste in the video link. (Insults directed to me are my words, not anyone else's)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOBs...layer_embedded
    Last edited by netg; Aug. 25, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

netg - no links?

and, did you read the summary of the dutch news show that was posted above?

and, the SmplySweet1021 - thanks for the translation!

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    netg - no links?

and, did you read the summary of the dutch news show that was posted above?

and, the SmplySweet1021 - thanks for the translation!
    Crud, oops! Sorry, and thanks for pointing out that I forgot to paste it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOBs...layer_embedded

I guess the translation doesn't make sense to me! Not that it's mis-translated, but that Sjef is making it sound like they never, ever did this thing called "rollkur." I guess the posts about revisionist history are possibly pretty accurate.

To me, it's just like other aspects of life - pick what you do and don't like for yourself. I wouldn't want to ride with a trainer who rode like Anky, if I had the opportunity and could afford it. But whether I did or not, I doubt that would be the factor which determined that I wasn't going to win all the championships she has.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Quote Originally Posted by dwblover View Post
    All I'm going to say is that I REALLY hope Astrid wins!!!
    I hope so too!!!