The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Those are funny...The one's with Anky cracked me up.
    “Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.”

Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by egontoast View Post
    I have tried to be open minded about training methods whatever the label.
    I almost spilled my drink.

Anyway, back to the original topic of RK/LDR
    Last edited by Dressage Art; Sep. 6, 2010 at 09:50 PM.

The original topic was a lawsuit. You are, as usual, confused.

Try to keep up, DA!

But a lawsuit ABOUT RK/LDR so how far off is she really?

I miss that one, can you post?

Nobody can stop you from being combative, rude, accusatory, and snippy, but at least please don't claim that you are an angel
    Wow. Nasty. You have just described yourself.

I said I was open minded. I never claimed to be an angel. ;-)

What would be fun is if Larry King invited Astrid on his show. Imagine the world audience looking at pics of RK, right before WEG and the Olympics, wonder what the reaction would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoline View Post
    Imagine the world audience looking at pics of RK, right before WEG and the Olympics, wonder what the reaction would be.
    Boredom??? Do you really think with the world the way it is right now anyone else gives a ^$&%* what a bunch of people wearing top hats and tails do ?

I think time will tell. I believe fear of public opinion is precisely why Sjeff dropped his lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    Bwahahahaha

Best thing to show up on this thread. And, fwiw, I don't disciminate. . .I think they're all buffoons
    Ditto on both counts!

Oh no, Mainstreet you've been reported to Larry King Himself by the "Blue Tongue" FB group:
    via Larry King Live: Is is ok for someone to use Larry King to defame a journalist? http://www.cnn.com/feedback/ In this video the journalist Astrid is being painted as someone who is a sold out xenophobe. All because she wont support this kind of horse training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ForoS1...P7lc0 -that's the official dressage coach for Holland and the person who sued and then dropped his lawsuit riding, and this is his wife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GQ7n...eature=related a 3 time olympic gold medalist and the riders she has inspired. How would you like to be that horse? Please Larry ask Astrid on your show so she can defend herself. www.eurodressage.com
    See More
    CNN.com - Contact Us
    www.cnn.com
    24 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Share · Flag

If you want to see Astrid for real on Larry King go to the contact us, click on the news tip box and fill in some info about the video and how Larry is being shown in support of defaming a fellow journalist.
    I sent an alert re: my own posting yesterday expecting this to be promptly edited along with some other posts as I wasn't inclined to comply with a nasty attack out of nowhere and figured the mods would moderate as they saw fit, so I left. had the person explained their issue and asked nicely instead of attacking it would have been edited in 20 minutes, no problem! instead it was up for more than a day.

if anyone has an issue with the remainder of the post, send me a PM!
    Last edited by Lexi; Sep. 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

These "discussions" will never end as long as some people refuse to see the difference between RK and LDR.

It's a matter of degrees, people. LDR involves no force. It asks the horse to stretch low, deep, round. Period. That can't be "forced".

To put a horse's chin on his chest (RK) involves force. Pulling it there.

That's the difference.

I agree, the general public, given all else that's going on in the world, doesn't give a hill of beans about what a bunch of DQ's are up to. Seriously. Maybe in Europe, where horse sports are more mainstream, but not here in the USA.

Thanks for posting that, Mainstreet. Pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    Boredom??? Do you really think with the world the way it is right now anyone else gives a ^$&%* what a bunch of people wearing top hats and tails do ?
    I believe Americans are sensitive to animal abuse. And some pictures and videos I've seen, of horses with their tongues hanging out and their heads reefed back to their chin, just might appear to those Americans as abusive.

And to egontoast, your cliche about labels is tired.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Quote Originally Posted by spirithorse View Post
    I have seen rollers used on jumpers.
    and I've seen rollkur used on dressage horses!

The horse is not 'jumping' -
    I think that depends on what your definition of "is" is!

he is taking a small X
    actually it's a small vertical

and the lightweight chains helped teach him to pick up his feet....and never marked him in any manner.
    sounds remarkably similar to what people get a 6 month vacation and years of pariah status for!

You folks ride with hoof protectors and cannon protectors....are you sure they are 'safe' with no residual harm?
    not 100% sure, no, the materials might eventually be proven to cause cancer or something, but unlike jumping a horse in chains, unaltered protective boots would never be a violation of FEI abuse rules!

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Isn't that the Dutch anthem these days?

To paraphrase Isabel W.

Everyone hates a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Isn't that the Dutch anthem these days?
    Thanks for the low blow against my country. It's rude and uncalled for.

To the poster stating the Anky didn't want the government looking into her.......the Dutch love her so I don't know which government you were referring to.

The issue you all have with Anky is just that an issue with Anky, no need to bring the Netherlands into things.
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by egontoast View Post
    This is being discussed on the other thread. Looks like a poor translation. Someone put up an even worse google type translation on the other. Perhaps an objective? Dutch speaker will give us a better translation.

Eurodressage cannot be objective in this. The item comes across as petty and gloating and not good journalism. Surprise. Surprise.

And this reeks of sour grapes.