The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Adorable!

If you get tired of her you can send her here to Florida to live with me!!

(and can I have your hay? We have nothing that looks that yummy here!)

She IS a cutie.

2 new horses--lucky you! How did you find this little girl?

LOL yeah the hay. Apparently it won 2nd place in a national forage superbowl. It is incredibly beautiful stuff. 50 lb bales - 2.50 a bale!!

This girl is my stallion's filly from last year. He left a couple months ago to go stand at a breeding farm so I arranged to get this girl. She's such a doll and is a carbon copy of her dad which is perfect for me She's bold and fearless, sooooo loveable, and very very smart/easy to train. She's just 14 months old but acts like a big horse. I've trimmed her feet 3 x and didn't even have a halter on her any of those. Just park her by the hay and she'll stand there all day. First time exposed to a horse trailer, she was 12 months. Walked right up, stepped on, and stood absolutely quiet, eating her hay. Deworming - shots - don't even need a halter. First time ponying she walked right behind the big horse and never tried to get away. It took her 30 seconds to figure out what I wanted, then I could take her all over the farm. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a perfect baby but I tell you what - I'm soaking up every wonderful minute

Yeah the other new horse, the Paso gelding, I love him, he's a good boy, but he's just not people oriented like my Arabs are.

those Arabs--they are indeed smart! Glad you are enjoying her.

Is Andre away for good or just temporarily? You had him looking so nice and I was waiting for more pictures of you riding him!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    those Arabs--they are indeed smart! Glad you are enjoying her.

Is Andre away for good or just temporarily? You had him looking so nice and I was waiting for more pictures of you riding him!
    I wouldn't say "for good" but it is a long term situation. I see him frequently and can ride whenever I want. There's been talk about getting a few more nice babies then gelding him and bringing him home but I just don't know yet what's going to happen.

She's cute! What kind of hay is she eating? It looks good.
    And doesn't she know the gloves go on the hooves?

LOL yeah the hay. Apparently it won 2nd place in a national forage superbowl. It is incredibly beautiful stuff. 50 lb bales - 2.50 a bale!!
    Get out of town...$2.50 per bale?
    What type of hay is that? Is it an all grass mix? I don't see alfalfa leaves or timothy heads in it bu then I didn't have my nose on the screen either for a closer look. Second cut?
    Average around here is $5-$6 per bale of timothy/OG mix first cut. Sometimes a bit less if you find a place that lets you pick it up in the fields.
    Grass pasture and nice looking hay for $2.50 per bale...green with envy. I could afford 3x more horses! (maybe it's good that I don't live there)
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Gorgeous!!!

It's 3rd crop - 75% orchard grass, 25% alfalfa. That's about normal price for around here. I figured it would be more expensive than typical but I got lucky! He has 700 bales of this cutting left, and is cutting 4th crop now.

LOL I took a couple still shots off a video. Not the greatest quality but funny anyway.

http://www.hphoofcare.com/LookOutTuna.jpg

http://www.hphoofcare.com/RunTuna.jpg