The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I need help finding out more information on a horse....

the horse in question is named manestream. According to USEF, he is owned by Hunt Ltd. but he supposedly was recently owned by a group called KRR Investments (who had him recorded under mainstream) and was donated to Auburn university. I am just very confused to as who truly owns this horse. I saw him at a show not too long ago and want to look into purchasing him but cannot get a clear answer from anyone.

Any insight would be awesome!

What about contacting Auburn Uni to see if they own him or have received a horse from either KRR investments or Hunt Ltd. Or just contacting either of the owners you mentioned?

OR perhaps contacting the show and asking who owns the horse. But not sure if show manager would be allowed to give you that info or not.

P.

does anyone know how I might be able to get in touch with Auburn university's equestrian team? I'm having no luck finding any email address to write to.

Greg Williams is the head coach, his email is willimg@auburn.edu. Lindsay Neubarth is the assistant coach and works with the hunt seat riders, her email is neubali@auburn.edu.

Thank you SkipChange! I sent him an email and hope to hear back from him soon!

You may find the horse was donated to the University to which they then lease out under their name and ownership to help the University bring in funds. If that it the case, I dont believe they can sell the animal for a prescribed period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyman View Post
    You may find the horse was donated to the University to which they then lease out under their name and ownership to help the University bring in funds. If that it the case, I dont believe they can sell the animal for a prescribed period of time.
    That sounds exactly like what I believe is the case here. So does that mean when they can sell it, will the money go to the university or to the owners that donated the horse?