The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FEI drug rules question

I am hoping someone here can answer this for me. Is Sore No More Poultice or Geolotion illegal in FEI competitions? Here are the ingredients listed:
    Bentonite/Kaolin in a solution consisting of an all-natural proprietary blend of Witch Hazel, Arnica Montana, Rosemary, Lavender, Lobelia and Sodium Borate as an all-natural preservative.
    I cannot seem to access the FEI site to confirm and as I am out of the US at the moment, I cannot call and ask the governing body. Also, just to make sure, Omeprazole IS legal, correct?

Thanks so much!

Hey !
    Sore no more has a newer product out called Sore No More -Trackside that is 100% fei,usef, national racing assoc. compliant.
    The previous products contained "Lobelia" which was questionable as it is used for Asthma in people.

As for the other...I printed out the fei sheet and can find nothing on it. I will see what other info I can get for you tomorrow.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by eventrider View Post
    I am hoping someone here can answer this for me. Is Sore No More Poultice or Geolotion illegal in FEI competitions? Here are the ingredients listed:
    Bentonite/Kaolin in a solution consisting of an all-natural proprietary blend of Witch Hazel, Arnica Montana, Rosemary, Lavender, Lobelia and Sodium Borate as an all-natural preservative.
    I cannot seem to access the FEI site to confirm and as I am out of the US at the moment, I cannot call and ask the governing body. Also, just to make sure, Omeprazole IS legal, correct?

Thanks so much!
    Here is the latest list.
    Last edited by LexInVA; Aug. 22, 2010 at 01:46 AM.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Dial 1-800-MED-AHSA and ask. There is a vet on the phone 24/7 and they have the answers.

I asked the vet at the T3D last week if Sore-no-More was legal and he basically said because it is an herbal/all natural solution, nobody really knows what will test and what won't but if you are tested, something could show up. He also said the vet at a competition is NOT the one to ask, make the call ahead of time and figure it out BEFORE you are at the competition.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Thanks RiverBendPol, that is why I am asking now, before the competition. As I said in my first post, I am out of the country, and I cannot dial a 1-800 number from here, so I cannot call them myself and ask. Thanks to everyone else for the helpful info.

Go to this link and it tells you everything:

http://www.vaequine.com/whats_new.htm
    Gwen Dean
    Area II YR Coordinator
    Lost Hounds HT Secretary

The great Bluegrass State. Or Commonwealth. Whatever.

You can also email USEF D&M at medequestrian@aol.com

Kent's website is probably absolutely accurate, but might as well go directly to the people that administer the testing program.
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by eventrider View Post
    Thanks RiverBendPol, that is why I am asking now, before the competition. As I said in my first post, I am out of the country, and I cannot dial a 1-800 number from here, so I cannot call them myself and ask. Thanks to everyone else for the helpful info.
    Oh gosh, duh, sorry. I guess I didn't read your last paragraph! Comes from being a blind old bat. The email is a great solution. Can you email?? Good luck.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Thanks to all for the info!!!