The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sweet Candy (Ven)

What can you tell me about this stallion? I have googled but not found substantial information. Thanks!

well, he had plenty of babies, some that did ok at the track. here's a list (might be partial) of his progeny: http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.p...&pedloggedin=0

all were born 83-86, so not sure what happened after that point.

the name that stuck out at me is Lolli Lucky Lolli, as she's the dam of Say Florida Sandy, who stands up near me.

and if you didn't see it, here: http://www.pedigreequery.com/sweet+candy also has a picture of him looks like he did well for himself at the track.

hope this gave you a little more than what you've already found. it's getting late, and my fingers aren't working so well right now...if i find more tomorrow, i'll post it. good night!

Ped query says he died at 8 (1985).

What info. are you looking for?

He was bred in Venezuela. I believe he won the Venezuelan Triple Crown or several legs of it. He could really run, was bred very well and was producing well until he died young.

I had a nice Sweet Candy mare (Sweet Bridge). She was multiple stakes placed on the turf. She was very talented and so easy to work with, super kind mare. We sold her to a farm in S. America as a broodmare when she finished racing. They loved their Sweet Candy breeding down there.

I was just looking for general info. I have a 24 y/o gelding by Sweet Candy and was just trying to find some history.

I was just doing some more investigating on my geldings bloodlines. Anyway the corner of his JC papers say this is a "Corrected Certificate, issued in 1988". My geldings name is That Ray Bowline and he is not listed under the progeny of Sweet Candy, although on his papers his sire is listed as Sweet Candy (Ven) and his dam as Show the Boys - Troy our Boy.

I searched through all the listed progeny of Sweet Candy (Ven) and none of the dam's or BM Sire's matched what is listed on my horses papers.

Any idea what could be going on?

if you're going by the pedigreequery.com site, not all progeny are always listed.

Do you know where I could see an official list of all progeny? I went to Thoroughbred Times Stallion Directory, but it seems that only includes current standing stallions. Thanks.

My geldings name is That Ray Bowline and he is not listed under the progeny of Sweet Candy, although on his papers his sire is listed as Sweet Candy (Ven) and his dam as Show the Boys - Troy our Boy.
    If you put your horse's name in on Equineline, he comes up with that sire and dam. 9 starts, placed. Bred in OK by George Carnes. The corrected papers could mean his markings were noted incorrectly, or they had something misspelled.... who knows at this point. But his breeding is correct.

Thank you!