The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NEWS: Horse Hit/Killed in Fayette, Georgia

Soooo sad http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26286198/detail.html

Authorities say a collision between a horse and a car proved fatal for the horse.

The Fayette County Sheriff's Office said happened early Monday after a horse got loose from a property. The driver was not injured, but the horse had to be put down after the accident.

Officials say the road was closed for several hours following the wreck on Georgia 92.

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

We had this happen in our area a few years ago. Happened at night, if I remember the mare was pregnant too....very sad.

Choco - I read this too, yesterday, and wondered if it was a fellow COTHer's horse...but still no details. How sad!
    I just briefly saw a post on another forum thread asking people to check their fences. Haven't read the thread, but I can't help but wonder if this horse got out because a fence failed in the snow? We so rarely get snow and freezing ground here...
    I know my BO rides the fences probably everyday...or has the barn staff check them...but not everyone has this "luxury".
    But if horses are turned out and a fence fails...they'll probably decide to go "visiting" down the road before they can be discovered.
    As I said, I don't know the circumstances of this story...and am so sorry for the loss of the horse and the owner's loss. And, not to forget the unsuspecting motorist's injuries! How sad all the way around.

So sorry. I won't even up it up to read. It's always a worry.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

What a tragedy. So sorry for all involved.