The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I have an illness...

Friend and I drove to a tack shop to check it out (plus had coupons). We of course check out the sale room... Rambo's on sale.. for half off! I of course am not planning to have a horse this winter... and I don't even know what size horse I'm going to have when I get another. Did I buy one anyway?! YES! I was like surely a nice generic 75 (although I think rambos tend to run big so more like a 78) will fit any horse I decide to get in the future lol. I got a heavy weight Rambo WUG for more than half off... I couldn't help myself.
    I had the same problem a few months ago. There was a pair of open front Devoucoux boots in the consignment bin.. $90, barely used. I bought them... didn't need them but HAD to have them!
    I am sick! I need help...

Listen to Dr. Frank! You need a horse to go with that Rambo and boots!

You are getting sleepy....sleepy....sleepy

Repeat after The Doctor: Must....get....horse. Must....get....horse....
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Oh I have a horse, he's just for sale (we're not matched well) and I'm hoping to have him sold before the need for blankets rolls back around lol. And I wouldn't start looking again until spring-ish... or at the earliest middle of Jan.
    Have no fear... one day the boots and the blanket will have a horse to call their own.

My horse is a 75 and she needs a heavy rambo for this winter!

So just in case you decide you don't need that lovely blanket... Cause you know, it should live up to its full potential!

I want the illness where I find Rambo sheets half off!
    Any time someone talks about their horse in a bar, there's love in the room.

Nah, you are not ill...you would have been ill NOT to get Rambos at half off!

my BO has the same illness! It must be going around.

She has brand new blankets stacked up in the back area of the tack room... UP TO THE CEILING! Now, she does currently have 7 horses (most are for sale... anyone want some great traks?!) but the sizes range I think from a 79-87!

She's also got like 3 new pairs of dressier half chaps she found on sale somewhere... and an entire rack of new breakaway halters because it was cheaper to just buy all of the halters then it would be to buy the new top straps if that is what was broken.

I think there is also a secret stash of new saddle pads because they never seem overly worn.

Craziness! Though... I think its catching...
    http://dressageesquire.blogspot.com
    "The ability to write a check for attire should not be confused with expertise. Proficiency doesn't arrive shrink-wrapped from UPS and placed on your doorstep."

YOU are a tack junkie.
    The only cure is......
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Either get a horse NOW that will fit that turnout or sell it. Rambo's only have a 3 yr warranty and if you don't use it until next winter, you've already lost a yr. Course, if your Rambo is anything like the ones I have that are 15 yrs old and still fine, you shouldn't need to worry about losing a yrs warranty.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I just got 2 Rhino Wugs on mega clearance sale - a heavy and a midweight - for $20 each. Twenty bucks!!! Brand new from Smartpak! I had ordered 5 but they called and said only 2 were available.

Just bought my big Trooper horse an 84" SmartPink plaid turnout on clearance sale from $200+ on sale for $52! Also got Blondie a Rambo Dustbuster from Craiglist, in like-new condition for $40.

I am a total blanket junkie. If I can find great deals, I buy them, regardless if I have a horse to fit. You can always resell on Ebay and make money at it.

Horse clothing is my favorite part about owning horses!!