The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Traders point

Anyone at Trader's Point showing this week?

Can't imagine showing in a long sleeve shirt and coat! I'm showing at a schooling event this weekend and I plan on wearing a polo.

I'm not...my trainer and some fellow boarders are there. One of the trainers texted me 'omg girl - too hot for you!' They know I don't do well in the heat. :-)
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~

Coats were waived for the entire week. It has been pretty miserable but there is a lot of shade for viewing and at least a slight breeze.

It has been miserably, unbearably hot. The electric service has been having problems - the tents don't have nearly enough power to run fans for the horses. Our power went out about 7 times yesterday in our tent - the horses really were suffering. It has been so bad that one of the tents nearly caught fire.

We have a camper and between blowing the power everytime we have two appliances running to no water (!!) or very low water pressure, the planning and infrastructure have not been the greatest this year. I think they have in the vicinity of 700+ horses, without the electrical or water service to handle it.

I love this show. The show grounds are beautiful and the people are nice, but they really need to get the utility service upgraded.
    My new mantra - \"Life is too short not to eat ice cream.\"
    ReRiders Clique

Default about the electrical...

yes it is true, the electrical is outdated. And horse show management have taken your concerns to heart!No one wants horses getting sick from the heat ...Alot of new electrical was upgraded for this years show just not to the barns/tents...The show had 1000+ horses and alot of people were hanging 4 fans per stall as well as using unsafe electrical cords and running appliances from them.That is what caused the meltdown....Granted it was the hottest week in central Indiana in the last 21 years with heat indexs well into the 110+ degree marks...despite the heat and the problems associated with it, I thought it was a fabulous horse show. The Hunter Derby Spectacular!! and both Grand Prix's tough!!!
    If anyone else has any comments please pm me and I will make sure they are addressed to the board for next year!!! Thanks for comming! we always enjoy our exhibitors!!

Quote Originally Posted by Equsrider View Post
    despite the heat and the problems associated with it, I thought it was a fabulous horse show. The Hunter Derby Spectacular!! and both Grand Prix's tough!!!
    Here's a link to the Derby, they have both Prix's up too. We had a great time this year, even with the unusual heat. Be back next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2z9kwIZz8
    Never Forget