The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Barns (Private or larger) near Winston Salem NC

Hey- I got into grad school at Winston Salem State Univ. in WS. Anyone know of good barns in the area that might also do pasture board? I have an older horse that needs to be out all the time. Any leads would be very helpful. I do mostly event, but also have done HJ and dressage.

Thanks

I just moved to Winston-Salem for grad school at Wake Forest...with two horses who do best on pasture board one of which I still want to keep eventing...I've been in your boat!

I'm boarding at TTC (Thoroughbred Training Center) out in Mocksville (about 20 min from WS)...I think they just filled up, but the people are incredibly nice and if you e-mail I'm sure would have some recommendations. I'll ask around too...I don't know a whole lot about the horse area here yet but I'm starting to find out, feel free to PM me if you need anything!

I'm looking too! Any suggestions? Would prefer a pasture board situation or a stall board with at least 12 hours of turnout. Thanks!
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

For the right person, I am offering free board (you buy feed/hay) in exchange for work (bascially, mucking and vacation coverage; I can feed) on my private farm inside Winston-Salem city limits (near Yadkinville Road and Shattalon Drive). I have about 4 acres of pasture, two small barns each with two 10x10 stalls, run-ins, hay hut, a roundpen, and totally ride-able flat pastures with plans for a professionally installed arena in the next 1-2 years. I and my husband work full-time and I'm an adult re-rider, with an interest in dressage, but I wouldn't mind jumps around. PM me if you're interested. It's a gorgeous spot. My boarders of two years are leaving. I don't have a horse right now but have been shopping! My recent OTTB foster didn't work out -- ankle chips AND kissing spine . Would totally split the travel costs to have a trainer/instructor out.