The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Annual obligatory thread - I have a hamster.. LOL

What do you have??

http://www.eagleridge-twh.com/fetus1.htm

She hits 60 days tomorrow.
    Anyone notice a change in their mares around Day 45-ish?? My mare has really changed, she's gotten soooo mellow and lazy in the past couple of weeks!! My catch rider noticed it, I noticed, and even a couple of boarders have commented on how "dopey" she looks under saddle now.. LOL!

My first mare in foal!! She was known for being hot, well....

Shes about 90 days now, and this past week I took her to her first inspection. Where she REFUSED to canter!! There was 5 people chasing her (whips and bags!!) in a strange indoor, and she absolutely wouldnt canter, lol!!!

Shes super clingy now too. :-) Happy me. Shes a sweetie pie.

Were half way between a chipmunk and a kitten.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." *Thomas Edison
    A champion is a dreamer that refused to give up!!

Well we lost our chipmunk sometime last month. Mare was confirmed in foal, heartbeat check was good, fetal sexing done (Romanov colt!) second week in June. Pregnant mare and foal were shipped from Fla to DE June 19/20 reportedly stress free. All seemed fine. Took mare & foal to inspection July 13.
    Weaned filly. Mare develops nasty case of mastitis (a first for us). Start thinking she should be looking more pregnant. Had vet check. No baby. Uterine tone suggests it has been at least a month. No signs ever. Really bummed right now.
    If there are no pets in Heaven then I want to go where they went !!!
    RIP Maybe June 13, 1993-Sept. 23, 2006,Dexter March 11, 1983-Sept. 23, 2009, Joey 1997?- June 21, 2012
    www.equistarfarm.com

I'm really sorry, maybedog..

Maybedog.... Im so sorry... :-(
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." *Thomas Edison
    A champion is a dreamer that refused to give up!!

We have two kittens, a chipmunk and a hamster!

So sorry maybedog, that is terrible news.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

Thanks guys. I really think this heat has taken it's toll. We were unable to get 2 other mares in foal and they are baby machines! We will only have a pony foal next year. But look out 2012!!
    RIP Maybe June 13, 1993-Sept. 23, 2006,Dexter March 11, 1983-Sept. 23, 2009, Joey 1997?- June 21, 2012
    www.equistarfarm.com

I have a kitten, a chipmunk, a hamster and *hopefully* two more little black dots at next weeks preg checks...not very optimistic about one of them though...
    Sorry to hear your news maybedog...if it makes you feel better last year we tried 3 mares- 6 breedings total between them- and only got 1 foal this year and that mare settled on the first breeding.

It's just been a crazy year and I really think the weather has had something to do with it. The extremely cold, snowy winter and oppressively hot spring & summer. We had 4 foals and all deliveries had issues. First has a twisted thick umbilical cord, second delivered standing up in the afternoon, third presented upside down and fourth came 2 weeks early with no warning. Thank God for cameras! Thankfully all are healthy. The mares were cycling weird, holding on to 20s for 5-7 days before progressing enough to inseminate. Except of course the TB mare, had an ovary removed, bred to pony on first cycle and is in foal. Oh well I guess we can't be lucky every year.
    www.equistarfarm.com

I have one hamster and one that is between a chipmunk/kitten. I have my fingers crossed that our pony took and she has a pinpoint.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Assuming she is still in there, I have a kitten. She was there at 77 days. That is the last time we checked.