The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GUCCI Boots

WOW! What a brilliant idea! That Gucci has some great ideas! How cutting edge! Who'd have thunk it? HAHAHA.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...=0885133183741
    Last edited by Chic Hunter; Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Add link

So greatful to get to ride!

Does this mean my Tredsteps and Ariats are now in style?

I wonder if anyone actually rides in these...
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

I like them. I'd wear them, but then again I love Gucci

I'm with you Couture, love Gucci and great idea for them. The short boot seems a bit higher than your normal paddock boot which I like as well.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, A CUSTOMER MAY ORDER NO MORE THAN THREE UNITS OF THIS ITEM EVERY THIRTY DAYS.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Interesting... when I went to get new field boots at Dover, they said they'd had a lot of non-horse people coming in and buying really expensive dress boots just "to wear". I think equestrian fashion is cutting edge right now... just not with the prerequisite horse hair/sweat/slobber/helmet hair lol.
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat95 View Post
    Interesting... when I went to get new field boots at Dover, they said they'd had a lot of non-horse people coming in and buying really expensive dress boots just "to wear". I think equestrian fashion is cutting edge right now... just not with the prerequisite horse hair/sweat/slobber/helmet hair lol.
    Many moons ago, when Stateline Tack was not part of Petsmart and was still a decent place to shop, I was trying boots when someone came in looking for a pair just "to wear". I don't recall that was "in" fashion at the time, but I do recall the woman asking why they didn't have something in a higher heel and being all perplexed about why you'd enter a tack store for fashion boots. Anyway, it's all cyclical... in now, out tomorrow, in again a decade or two down the road.
    "I did know once, only I've sort of forgotten." - Winnie the Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, A CUSTOMER MAY ORDER NO MORE THAN THREE UNITS OF THIS ITEM EVERY THIRTY DAYS.
    What makes that even better is the price of the damned things! I couldn't afford one let alone three.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie4Bar View Post
    Many moons ago, when Stateline Tack was not part of Petsmart and was still a decent place to shop, I was trying boots when someone came in looking for a pair just "to wear". I don't recall that was "in" fashion at the time, but I do recall the woman asking why they didn't have something in a higher heel and being all perplexed about why you'd enter a tack store for fashion boots. Anyway, it's all cyclical... in now, out tomorrow, in again a decade or two down the road.

Years ago, I worked at a western boot store (we also sold work boots, biker boots, and some "western wear" items).

Of course, there is a wider overall market for cowboy boots so it was more of a surprise for me when someone would come in to buy a pair of boots and they actually rode horses.

Still, when I first started working there I was often surprised by the comments from women who came in and wanted to know why the boots didn't have more of a heel, a more narrow toe, or more "bling" on them.

And the customers thought I was strange when I told them that the boots didn't have high heels, ultra-narrow toes or "lots of bling" because you couldn't ride a horse in boots like that.

As for the Gucci boots. . .thanks, but no thanks. For that kind of price, I could get more miles and better use out of a new saddle. . .while wearing my Ariats or Blundstones #500s.
    Please copy and paste this to your signature if you know someone, or have been affected by someone who needs a smack upside the head. Lets raise awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie4Bar View Post
    I worked at Petsmart when they still had Stateline departments in there stores and it wasn't uncommon for people just wandering by to stop and admire the boots (and sometimes ask the same kind of questions...does this come with a higher heel?), and a couple of times sold boots to people who obviously didn't plan on using them for riding. I think to some degree riding boots are always in fashion.

I like the detailing on those Gucci half chaps, but the price is a tad beyond my means.

My aunt in the Netherlands is a super fashion person. I went to lunch with her at the beginning of the year she had these beige pants on and she was walking away and I noticed she had riding boots on and knee patches on the pants. I mentioned it to her and she said it was all the fashion. News to me!! I guess I can dig my old tall boots out of storage and start wearing them in public?
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Just think, you could have your Gucci boots and half chaps for riding, and your Jimmy Choos for those muddy days:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3027153/...bo=6026677&P=1

I was in the mall one day in my riding breeches, tall boots, a fitted polo that was full of horse slobber and a baseball hat (needed to pick up some stuff at Bath and Body and other things) and these girls in skany skany close came up and were telling me I did not have the body for that fashion (at the time I was about 130lb lots of muscle) and I told them they were my work clothes hence the slobber and they said nobody works in those clothes and if they did they would be skinnier!

Credit Ralph Lauren years ago with starting the equestrian "look" in fashion when he introduced his Polo line. He had the red hunt coat with velvet collar, and lots of other fashion looks, and his ads always showed the models in riding boots and he even had jodphurs. I used to look at Vogue and Harper's and figure out how to incorporate my real riding clothing and boots into high fashion. (He started out as a tie salesman who went around to stores in big cities and sold his own ties, then he branched out to other clothing and the rest is history. ) I still have my now 30 yoa green wool sweater with the horse head on it that he paid some woman $60 in England to knit, and then charged an arm and a leg to us to get it here.
    If any one buys those boots, I have an old Gucci purse I'll give you.

Nice Jimmy Choo "hunter" boots. Apparently the Real Hunter boots are fashionable as well. Good thing, I'm getting some soon :-) Maybe I'll be "in" fashion for once instead of buying what fits & what I like!
    "The horse you get off f is not the same horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better" - unknown author

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsAdvil View Post
    Just think, you could have your Gucci boots and half chaps for riding, and your Jimmy Choos for those muddy days:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3027153/...bo=6026677&P=1
    Oooh! $425 for mucking boots!!!
    And why haven't I heard of these until now?
    I am no Fashionista so one of you will have to tell me:
    Will these go with sweatpants and a slobbered-on T-shirt?

Simplysweet: my dress boots have doubled as streetwear for many, many years. Clean off the barn grime and Wah-Lah!
    WTH - a black leather tall boot is a black leather tall boot, right?
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
    Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Oooh! $425 for mucking boots!!!
    And why haven't I heard of these until now?
    I am no Fashionista so one of you will have to tell me:
    Will these go with sweatpants and a slobbered-on T-shirt?

Simplysweet: my dress boots have doubled as streetwear for many, many years. Clean off the barn grime and Wah-Lah!
    WTH - a black leather tall boot is a black leather tall boot, right?
    The regular Hunter muck boots are over $100 too... it cracks me up every time I see the girls at my school wearing them because a bunch of the girls at my barn have them too, and they actually use them for mucking stalls and wandering around in muddy paddocks!

I wish I could wear my field boots with jeans- they'd look smashing! But alas, they fit like customs (but are actually the new Ariat Challenges) and so would strangle my legs in anything thicker than a breech. I sometimes think about wearing them to school under a skirt with some colorful Zocks... I already wear my Doc Martens with my Zocks- amazing what compliments I get on them, and then the looks I get when I say "Oh yeah, they're riding socks!"
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

Quote Originally Posted by steelerino View Post
    Just... why?

On a different note, has anyone seen the SmartClix spurs or whatever they're called in the Dover catalog? Sort of like "fake" spurs, but actually built in!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat95 View Post
    Just... why?

On a different note, has anyone seen the SmartClix spurs or whatever they're called in the Dover catalog? Sort of like "fake" spurs, but actually built in!
    Yeah, I saw those. They seem like they're convenient, but what if you're riding a horse that doesn't need spurs, or if the horse needs a different size of a spur? Do they come off, or are you stuck?

Oh, and about those Gucci boots... Do you wear them with this or this?
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah