The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 118
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,538

    Default FEI lifts 10 minute LDR/Rollkur warm-up limit?




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,538

    Default

    has no one heard/read anything about this?

    i am not sure what to believe..... any ideas on where i could find the info on the FEI web site?



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct. 10, 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I've heard this too from good sources.

    If true I would think it a wake up call for all concerned equestrians to do something in response. Probably something BIG. Bigger than 41,000 signatures.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan. 16, 2002
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,554

    Default

    Here is an english translation by Google: Take it as you find it.

    "FEI is ten minutes LDR rule suspended

    Tuesday, 20 July 2010 at 13:04 clock


    With tension observer the CHIO in Aachen have followed. Not least because even the new guidelines for the stewards should be applied: A maximum of ten minutes at a time, therefore, should low-Deep-Round / LDR be allowed. The FEI has, however - one might almost say quietly, a press release does not seem to exist - changed the rules again. The ten-minute time limit has been lifted, as the chief steward Aachen Rolf-Peter Foot confirmed to the DS. Theoretically, this LDR is allowed again indefinitely. Yellow and red cards can be redistributed, if necessary, the Stewards may pull out only yellow cards, the red should only be awarded by judges.

    At the Aachen Dressurabreiteplatz showed, however, primarily only the Holland Rollkur the riders. Her male teammate, Edward Gal seems that his Totilas not. On the contrary, he rode off very loose and relaxed, and cashed in the arena again top marks for his performance. Also Patrik Kittel, who was last year so get violent in the criticism, because he had his gerollkurt Scandic showed, now with his young horse breaking in a really beautiful. Inglorious the right one or the other Spaniards were on the practice area: A dressed up to the curb stop, including blue tongue, a horse is no-go! A detailed report, see this in our next issue, which, at 1.9. appears.

    If you want to use the services of Totilas and Edward Gal closer look, then please visit our network of fair-to-horse, "there will be the topic currently being debated vigorously.
    "
    "We don't ride the clock. We ride the horse." Reiner Klimke.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/arnikaelf



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar. 5, 2010
    Posts
    74

    Default

    The German to English translation was not overly clear to me. I really hope this is not true. Rollkur is such a blight on dressage.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar. 9, 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    It's impossible to enforce, and there is no EVIDENCE it's bad (other than couch jockeys who don't like the look).

    Flame suit....zzzzzzippppp!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2004
    Posts
    7,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by connieg10 View Post
    The German to English translation was not overly clear to me. I really hope this is not true. Rollkur is such a blight on dressage.
    yeah, the translation is not clear - which is why i am trying to find further info.

    i was just curious to see if they had the cajones to stand up to you know who..... guess not!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct. 16, 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    It's impossible to enforce, and there is no EVIDENCE it's bad (other than couch jockeys who don't like the look).

    Flame suit....zzzzzzippppp!

    Who you callin' a "couch jockey"...

    Seb
    \"The Truth is contagious, and I haven't washed my hands in days...!\"-- Stephen Colbert
    www.janearmour.com



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct. 10, 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I actually ride horses, not couches. I lay on couches. I could lay down onto my horses butt but then I'd look like one of those rolkur riders, yanno?



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct. 16, 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knights Mom View Post
    I actually ride horses, not couches. I lay on couches. I could lay down onto my horses butt but then I'd look like one of those rolkur riders, yanno?

    So true...

    Seb
    \"The Truth is contagious, and I haven't washed my hands in days...!\"-- Stephen Colbert
    www.janearmour.com



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2001
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    What do you "lay"?

    eggs?

    (psst- It's "lie" in both cases);-))



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    472

    Default

    There is no evidence that a a white man who wants a black man to

    bow down and say 'yes massa'. There is no proof that the black man's

    been harmed or injured, just because that's what the white man wants?


    Rollkur. The white dressage queen demands the horse curl his

    head to his chest in a position of submission till his tongue turns

    blue while he's driven forward in a pell-mell fashion. A picture

    speaks a thousand words. There's no evidence the

    horse has been harmed? Rollkur-The KKK Dressage



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct. 20, 2007
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,381

    Default

    Oh, my. Laying eggs on one's horses butt. Interesting image, that.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    14,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Domino View Post
    The KKK Dressage
    You're not right in the head !
    ... _. ._ .._. .._



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb. 7, 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    "You're not right in the head !"

    Oh come on, why be so polite

    ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN MIND?



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Oh, wait, wait, "KKK of Dressage." Are we lynching Anky and Sjef now, or is it just Anky? Let me get a torch!

    Laying eggs on horses' butts is nothing. After I rollkur mine, I can fry the damn egg on his ass, too.



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan. 1, 2008
    Posts
    4,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Domino View Post
    There is no evidence that a a white man who wants a black man to

    bow down and say 'yes massa'. There is no proof that the black man's

    been harmed or injured, just because that's what the white man wants?


    Rollkur. The white dressage queen demands the horse curl his

    head to his chest in a position of submission till his tongue turns

    blue while he's driven forward in a pell-mell fashion. A picture

    speaks a thousand words. There's no evidence the

    horse has been harmed? Rollkur-The KKK Dressage
    Are you on some sort of medication, prescribed or otherwise?



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Fish View Post
    Are you on some sort of medication, prescribed or otherwise?
    Why, are you looking for some CRACK? Sorry I can't

    help, I wear a belt and keep em pulled up



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Domino View Post
    There is no evidence that a a white man who wants a black man to

    bow down and say 'yes massa'. There is no proof that the black man's

    been harmed or injured, just because that's what the white man wants?


    Rollkur. The white dressage queen demands the horse curl his

    head to his chest in a position of submission till his tongue turns

    blue while he's driven forward in a pell-mell fashion. A picture

    speaks a thousand words. There's no evidence the

    horse has been harmed? Rollkur-The KKK Dressage

    Bump



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep. 8, 2007
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Blue Domino, what in the world is your point? I love how you specify the "white dressage queen". Apparently you have some HUGE issues with wealthy white women who ride dressage. This is the second post I've seen from you whining about fufu dressage queens. Now they are members of the KKK? Yikes!!!



Similar Threads

  1. Heel Lifts to Break in Field Boots
    By TarheelJD in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug. 26, 2010, 02:59 PM
  2. Heel Lifts?
    By woodstock in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr. 20, 2010, 05:46 PM
  3. When halting lifts head up high, what to do?
    By cswoodlandfairy in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May. 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
  4. When a horse 'lifts it's back' can you feel it?
    By Catalina in forum Eventing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Sep. 4, 2008, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness