The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Congratulations to Golden Venture Farm!

WOHOO!! Thursday was our RPSI inspection and Saint Sandro (owned by Golden Venture Farm) was approved and entered into BOOK 1!!! Huge congratulations to his owner! Saint Sandro is by Stendinger. He looked lovely.

My weanling Symphony by Saint Sandro out of my Cleveland Bay/TB mare, was awarded a Premium silver and received a 7.8 for conformation!

Congratulations! Where are the photos? Tawna must be so proud.
    Will he go to the 70 Day Test now?

Sure, if you want to help pay
    http://www.goldenventurefarm.com/

Congrats!

That's great news, I hope they can get funds up to present him.

genevieveg17: Actually, she is in the process of trying to raise the funds to send him. The inspectors have told her to send him this year - which was totally unexpected! Unfortunately the battle with cancer and the economy have wiped out any reserves that would have made it much easier. I know that putting herself out there to even ask friends and family was hard. Those that want to help will and hopefully it means raising enough funds to send him to the 70 day test.

Asking for help with something like this is really hard and I know isn't always viewed upon as acceptable, but I hope that we can keep this thread a supportive one and not have it turn into something else, as it was not intended to be such.
    Last edited by mainerinmd; Aug. 10, 2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added genevieveg17

Congratulations! He is a very nice boy

ETA: Well said mainerinmd.

Congratulations!!! Best of luck in getting him into the 70 day test, he's a very nice boy!

Asking for funds when sponsoring a horse is nothing new and I don't know why it would be viewed negatively. People sponsor show horses all the time and many stallions are sponsored privately with people earning breedings etc... maybe for helping out. If the stallion is approved it could add some interesting blood to the gene pool so I really don't see how any of this could be looked down upon unless there is some other hidden agenda from the people who are being negative? If someone doesn't wish to support something then the nicest thing to do is do nothing including saying nothing. Is it really worth hurting someone just so you can get a jab in on someone? My mother always said, if you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all. Too bad more people don't follow that, a lot less people would get their feelings unecessarily hurt.

As for this particular stallion, I say kudos for anyone who wants to undergo such a huge task. Many of us breeders don't have the BIG BUCKS behind us as many of the uber rich operations do. Many of those uber rich operations though are in part run through donations and silent auctions etc... Maybe the owner could do a silent auction with the proceeds funding the test?

Where was anyone being negative?

If that was directed at my then I only put that there because it was clearly on her website about the 70DT, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Where was anyone being negative?

If that was directed at my then I only put that there because it was clearly on her website about the 70DT, nothing more.

Last edited by SunkenMeadow; Aug. 10, 2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: link not working

Congrats to GVF! Hope he gets to move on up!!! Hubba hubba
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorses View Post
    Asking for funds when sponsoring a horse is nothing new and I don't know why it would be viewed negatively. People sponsor show horses all the time and many stallions are sponsored privately with people earning breedings etc... maybe for helping out. If the stallion is approved it could add some interesting blood to the gene pool so I really don't see how any of this could be looked down upon unless there is some other hidden agenda from the people who are being negative? If someone doesn't wish to support something then the nicest thing to do is do nothing including saying nothing. Is it really worth hurting someone just so you can get a jab in on someone? My mother always said, if you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all. Too bad more people don't follow that, a lot less people would get their feelings unecessarily hurt.

As for this particular stallion, I say kudos for anyone who wants to undergo such a huge task. Many of us breeders don't have the BIG BUCKS behind us as many of the uber rich operations do. Many of those uber rich operations though are in part run through donations and silent auctions etc... Maybe the owner could do a silent auction with the proceeds funding the test?
    Well said.

Congrats Golden Venture! Good luck with your boy!

Congrats Tawna. It is nice to see your hard work pay off. Is this guy a homebred?

Congratulations to her for having her stallion do well. But I don't understand the rush in sending him to the testing when she has financial troubles. He's a young horse he could go to the next testing and train show in the meantime. Most registries allow approved stallions to bred a specific number of mares prior to lifetime licensing. The time can also be used to have the stallion collected to bank frozen semen.

The fees for the testing are not the entire amount realized. Thers's shipping and I hope she plans on full value insurance.

I also received the email regarding contributing to the stallion fund to allow him to go to the testing but found the deal wasn't as attractive as it could be. If people are going to donate any significant amount of money - a breeding at a very deep discount should be in the offering.

If he's approved by the ISR/OLDNA he could do the 10 Day test in November in Ohio and if he scores high enough have that lifetime license and then be able to stand him to breed and head to the RPSI test in the future.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

I heard there has been some very negative feedback about this and wanted to give my two cents. I think it's great in this economy to try and still go forward. And if that means fund raising, that's great too. There is many ways to accomplish a goal and if the goal is worthy all avenues should be explored. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Congratulations to her for having her stallion do well. But I don't understand the rush in sending him to the testing when she has financial troubles. He's a young horse he could go to the next testing and train show in the meantime. Most registries allow approved stallions to bred a specific number of mares prior to lifetime licensing. The time can also be used to have the stallion collected to bank frozen semen.

The fees for the testing are not the entire amount realized. Thers's shipping and I hope she plans on full value insurance.

I also received the email regarding contributing to the stallion fund to allow him to go to the testing but found the deal wasn't as attractive as it could be. If people are going to donate any significant amount of money - a breeding at a very deep discount should be in the offering.

If he's approved by the ISR/OLDNA he could do the 10 Day test in November in Ohio and if he scores high enough have that lifetime license and then be able to stand him to breed and head to the RPSI test in the future.

I agree.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

I was under the understanding that RPSI could also be fulfilled by performance requirements. Which is the longer, but far more affordable route. Still not cheap, but more realistic for most of us...

No?
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Quote Originally Posted by pintopiaffe View Post
    I was under the understanding that RPSI could also be fulfilled by performance requirements. Which is the longer, but far more affordable route. Still not cheap, but more realistic for most of us...

No?
    To the best of my knowledge, RPSI, as well as other Registries, can be fulfilled by the performance route. I don't know if it is any less expensive in the long run but it is more "pay as you go" .

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

True... the 'payment plan'...

I think it partly depends on where you live. If you are in a very good area with lots of rated competitions, and can rule out travel, I think it can be done.

Strategically of course.

Perhaps the difference being having the rider trainer for the showing vs. the 100DT

I don't have a choice. The $10k is SO astronomically prohibitive for someone like me. I HAVE to wait and see if they make it to the levels of competition required, then present them.

I know that Limet Hurry did the 30DT then competition. We don't have all that much, and Jeanette is a fabulous rider/trainer able to bring him up herself, but he was able to fulfill his requirements in two years. I KNOW it didn't cost $10k.

This is NOT to bash the fundraising. Rather to understand the process as I've a 3yo TrakehnerX SportPony out of two RPSI parents who is FABULOUS, so I'm honestly interested in the process.

Personally I think I'm going to have to go with AWS, purely for financial reasons.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)