The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Millbrook or River Glen results?

The upper levels rode the dressage phases at both these horse trials either today or yesterday. Anyone got results to share? Particularly looking for Lellie Ward at River Glen and Mary Bess Sigman at Millbrook. THANKS!!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Millbrook is on www.evententries.com

What happened to Pawlow?

I saw that too...I'm guessing it is a typo and he came in at 6:21 (obviously he'd be eliminated if he came in at 62 minutes!). I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.

happy to see that Mary Bess and wonderful Guinness X finished XC clear...I expect the time penalites were a decision on Bessie's part. Hurray!

Now for news from River Glen! Live Scores are just so nice - when they aren't available, the waiting is awful!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

For Millbrook you can go to Evententries.com for the live scoring.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

Oh no ... there's a way more important battle going on at River Glen ...

THe local dressage and Combined Training Society (CDCTS.org) offered a $75 prize for lowest overall score form a CDCTS member over the weekend. So far, I only have TWO CDCTS members on the radar ... Debbie Connell, SBNR, and ME

Now Debbie and me are never going to go to the Olympics, but we both made it to Regionals, and if I 'let' her take the Blue, we're both going to AECs too. Debbie and I are both making our way (slowly) through the levels for the first time, and may well both peak at BN. We're Awesome. We have a combined age of about 152.

And we're in the same division.

And Debbie Always beats me in dressage, and then Always takes a rail down in stadium.

Except this time she didn't. Didn't take the rail, that is. Of course, she whupped me in dressage, I ride like a pillock.

So, the Real Battle, is down there at BN XC, two little old ladies duking it out for the top prize

Quote Originally Posted by KateWooten View Post

So, the Real Battle, is down there at BN XC, two little old ladies duking it out for the top prize

This is what I love about eventers. The "Real Battle" sounds like fun, fun fun!!!!!!
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Best of luck, Kate! If you happen to think of it, would you check the score of a Junior Novice rider, Nancy Katheryne Webb? She's from our area and it's her first Novice! I hate not having live scoring!
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

Default CONGRATS TO JENN O'NEILL and THAT'LL DO!!

Jenn and Lewis completed their first advanced XC yesterday at Millbrook! Good luck with Show jumping today!
    Proud former owner of a Wee Dee Trrr
    Proud half-owner of a Picasso Pony

Yay for Katie Willis and Polar Storm, who show jumped clean today to move up from 10th and finish THIRD in their advanced division!
    I evented just for the Halibut.

Best of luck, Kate! If you happen to think of it, would you check the score of a Junior Novice rider, Nancy Katheryne Webb? She's from our area and it's her first Novice! I hate not having live scoring!
    I DID get a chance to look her up today before XC and .... I can't help it ... I'm an old lady ... I've clean forgot what the result was. I remember thinking it was positive though .... like 4th - maybe ?

Sorry - I'm a bit hopeless.

And how did YOU do, oldLadyKate?

Yeah, it might have been the most adorable division of the day. That was word on the street, at least.

(Kate looked fantastic - though I had to root for my Knoxville BFF and the always adorable Midge)
    "talking about love is like dancing about architecture..."
    A Wink & A NodPlaying by HeartA Wing & A PrayerBest to be Elusive

Default a bit of a brag for Rasta Mon!!!

So, Rasta did a BN event at Full Gallop the end of May - did fine even with the big hole in the track in his dressage arena , was a bit looky but clean in his SJ, then took exception to a red trakhaner looking airy log on XC - a star XC except for that...

nothing in between...this weekend at River Glen - 4th after dressage with ...wait now - ....a 27.3 YES 4th with a 27.3. He was VERY put off and looky in SJ, not locking onto the jumps so Lellie circled him once and incurred 4 points, and he calmed down, jumped clean. NOW, the brag - little horse has never schooled River Glen (a bit far from Aiken, plus, Lellie rarely schools courses prior to events - she thinks event horses are supposed to be trained to jump when asked - go figure ) - Rasta BOMBED around XC double clear...I think the worst he finished was 5th!!! So excited I have a XC horse!!!

I DID get a chance to look her up today before XC and .... I can't help it ... I'm an old lady ... I've clean forgot what the result was. I remember thinking it was positive though .... like 4th - maybe ?

Sorry - I'm a bit hopeless.
    Thanks for checking! Hoping you did well!
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

LOL!! Love the Battle of River Glen! But I'm kind of biased since I'm a big fan of both parties! Hope everyone did fabulously!
    "There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse." - Robert Smith Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by eponacowgirl View Post
    And how did YOU do, oldLadyKate?

I came second to .....

My New Nemesis (used to be BEF), now Arch Rival, who won the $75 by finishing on her dressage score, which was significantly better than mine, what with her having cheated by getting BOTH canter leads, and then not having the good grace to take down a rail in stadium, which she normally loves to do !

Even little joseph Blatting round clear couldn't catch her. And any way Groom, you may be Delighted, but she's MY BEF, so there. Ner ner. Else I'm going to re-sabotage her saddle. I should totally have left it tipping her forward - I used to have the edge before we fixed the darn thing

I came second to .....
    Else I'm going to re-sabotage her saddle. I should totally have left it tipping her forward - I used to have the edge before we fixed the darn thing
    Ooooh you fight dirty. I appreciate that... and reconsider having you out to check on my boys' saddles.

(pffft. Like either of my boys are a big threat - one like to rear, the other can walk a 10-foot straight line under saddle ALL BY HIMSELF!)
    "talking about love is like dancing about architecture..."
    A Wink & A NodPlaying by HeartA Wing & A PrayerBest to be Elusive

Default Millbrook

I rode at Millbrook. Lots of fun.

I was on the winning prelim ATC team (CDCTA's Ladies in Red). Vernon and I made some huge improvements in a couple of areas (a personal best dressage score- 37- that still left us firmly in second to last in a competitive division, and only 1.6 time penalities), and still have a lot of work to do in other areas (show jumping). But it was a lot of fun. I loved riding with a team and my team, and got to see some really great riding over the weekend and see some friends I have seen in a long time. I haven't done an event like this is in several years, and this was Vernon's first non-one day event and he handled it very well. DW and her son also were in the area and came to watch some xc on Saturday, and stopped by stabling to say hi and give Vernon a pep talk.

Glad to be home...have some things to think about for the rest of the year and have to figure out how to get some show jumping schools in when the ground is concrete, but really truly had SO much fun.