The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fox Terrier/Schnauzer cross puppies in FL

One of my friends who is not on the internet a whole lot has asked me to try and help them get a litter of puppies placed in good homes. The mommy is a Miniature Fox Terrier who apparently thought she was a hussy one night and went to visit the neighbor's Mini Schnauzer. There are 2 males and 2 females that need to be placed (actually one female has just found a home yesterday evening).

They are healthy and so forth - 13 weeks and a few days now (they were born on a Tues).

The photos of them that I posted on Facebook are here: [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=200666[/SIZE][/SIZE] and I'll try and get some more this weekend.

I am taking the female tri colored to the Jax area on Monday 8/9 and then she will be traveling to the Orlando area then down to the West Palm area on Tues 8/10. If someone between Panama City and Jax or from Jax down to WPB wants one of the other ones we can arrange to have it join his/her sister. I am also driving to AL (Eufaula area) on Sat 8/7 and can drop one off up that direction.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

AAAGGGGGGGKK....i need pics!!!!please...
    i have 2 toy fox terriers and grew up with schnauzers!....

if some sort of bucket brigade transport is available i'd love one....maybe 2, just to make the trip worthwhile....

Does the link above not work? if it doesn't let me know and I'll post them in photo bucket but I set the settings for that album so that anyone could see them (I thought LOL).

I have one female and MAYBE one male placed (both of them are the more "schnauzer" looking ones and are tri colored. There is a black female that has an "angel" on her chest and has a mustache but is shorter haired, and a black male with four white socks that looks like a fox terrier.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Any time I click on the link above, it just goes the the facebook home page, and asks me to sign up. No pictures

We're full up here, but I have a Schnauzer-cross mutt who is just awesome. She's great with my kid and my cats, very tolerant, and is very intelligent and learns quickly. Tessa walks with me to the school when I pick up my son. The kids know her by name and come up to pet her, and I never worry about her behaving inappropriately with the children.

She's not the prettiest thing ever, but we think she's wonderful http://family.webshots.com/photo/206...00789832EILzaD

Not able to access pictures.... I have a friend who may want the other male. Can you send them to me via email? or repost them?

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    Does the link above not work? if it doesn't let me know and I'll post them in photo bucket but I set the settings for that album so that anyone could see them (I thought LOL).

I have one female and MAYBE one male placed (both of them are the more "schnauzer" looking ones and are tri colored. There is a black female that has an "angel" on her chest and has a mustache but is shorter haired, and a black male with four white socks that looks like a fox terrier.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

Sorry guys!!! I really thought/hoped that it would work. I have posted them to my photobucket (link below). I took these Wed night the first night that they were at my house and they were a tad scared (I have a schnauzer myself as well as a cat inside and it was too much for them who had only been around their own mom in the past). Will take more photos tomorrow sometime and am willing to do a video of any of them if you want to see them "live" so to speak

Family Portrait:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSC01460.jpg

The Tri-colored male that is very schnauzer looking - very wiry hair, mustache etc. He does the schnauzer "yodel" and is the friendliest of the bunch - very outgoing and playful.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSC01454.jpg

The black Terrier type male: He is the "leader of the pack" really - very vocal, very friendly, and very "terrier" look. Short, slick hair, no mustache, more of a pointy nose etc.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSC01448.jpg

The black female (and possibly my favorite). She is the true mix. Shorter hair but wiry feel to it and a mustache. She is the low man on the totem pole and a bit shy/scaredy.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSC01433.jpg

The female tri color needs a home again after all. The person that was going to take her ran into some difficulties and won't be able to take her.

Bump...

Puppies still need a home. I can't keep them at my house past this coming weekend (I am really not set up and don't have time for 4 puppies) so would love to get them homes/placed prior to then!

If I was closer, I'd take one in a heartbeat! We had a mini schnauzer growing up and he was an awesome dog and he used to yodel.

I know - I have a schnauzer (he is my 2nd one) and I LOVE the breed. Anyone wanting a "big" dog with a little dog package that is the breed to have. Mine yodels too LOL and has to tell me all about his day. My previous female would have "conversations" with you - you'd ask her something and she'd yodel back, then stop and wait for you to ask her something else LOL. 2 of these puppies yodel as well (the two tri-colors).

Where are you? there are ways....

Thankfully for me you're all the way across the country in FL, because that little tri-color male is ADORABLE!! We have a spaniel/terrier puppy here now that is around 14 weeks, and if he was closer...... They would have a ball together. Good luck with finding them homes, they look like a blast.

They are a blast and he is adorable. My schnauzer, Otto, is done with them all though - he is throughly disgusted that they are puppies and do all the things that he has been taught NOT to do LOL. He is also tired of sharing his time with me with them. And it isn't fair to them for them to stay with me too much longer - I work really long hours and have all my own animals to care for when I get home.

I'm up in PA, almost to the NY border. My Scottish terrier is very picky about his friends though. He was in love with our old basset hound and he has a a pocket beagle that comes to visit that is his best buddy. He seems to do ok if they're little puppies when he first meets them but when we try to introduce him to adult dogs, he gets pretty vocal about his dislikes.

That's a terrier for you LOL! You ALWAYS know what they are thinking!

Bumping for the puppies. Hopefully they are on their way to new homes so I won't be tempted to buy a plane ticket so one can come to me!

Still no homes Well, one might have found her way into staying at my house, but I def need homes for 3 still!!!!

I'm in love with the tri-colored male....Still not sure how to get him so far north. Any ideas?

Oh my goodness those are the cutest things and you live right near me!!!! Who is still available?

clue - the only way I know of is to do a chain. If you can find people going north that are willing to take a puppy part way I'm game. I can post on my Facebook to see if anyone is starting a journey towards your direction...

PM me with your info (state/city) and I'll see what I can do on my end....

dressagedevon - all 4 are still available really as I don't need another animal!

bumping for the puppies!