The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Anyone doing all the Social Media for your business?

I've been our webmaster for a while and am definitely an amateur. Have recently bartered a re-build with a CSA customer. Website for vegetables!
    This is our current website that I built and maintain (I'll stick to growing and marketing the vegetables) www.freshorganicvegetables.com

THis is the look of our new website: http://hfi.yourfaceapplications.com

Facebook: I have my own personal page and have started a farm page, but how the heck do you get people to come to it? do I put it on all of our publications? Are you inundated with being asked to follow people on twitter and FB?

Twitter: we are homesteadmd. What do you all use for your blackberry to catalog and stream your tweets?
    Alison Howard
    Homestead Farms, Maryland www.freshorganicvegetables.com

I have a website for my personal business (graphic designer and photographer) - but it is not finished (I am a perfectionist and waiting until I have enough time to really sit down and do it - since I am building it myself), so I set up a Facebook Fan page where I can post updates and any albums for my photography.

I prefer a Fan page for my personal work, that way my personal information is not public, but I can get people to "like" my work and it is public for anyone to follow. It is more a viral effect than trying to get "friends". Plus Fan Pages can have more people as friends than a personal page. http://www.facebook.com/ChristinaGrayDesigns

I also have a blog www.livingingray.com (below), my friends read that mostly. Its a combo of my work and just everyday ramblings, mostly horse related.

I do not like twitter, so I don't use it, but that is personal.