The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage instructor suggestions in SE PA

Hey all

Event rider here looking for a name or two that I might take lessons from. I've always taken from event instructors but have come to realize that I might benefit from someone who is strictly dressage. I need someone who is good at figuring out horses, the right equipement, tactful, and willing to hop on a horse from time to time to figure out the issues. Would love if they travelled to the farm but know that the good ones require you to ship to them. Feel free to PM me if you like. Look forward to your suggestions!

Lorraine Perrault - I'm sure I butchered her name - is a lovely woman. Kind and takes the time to work through any issues the horse has. She will travel to you. I think I have her # somewhere if you want I'll dig it up.

Tim Mellot - tmsporthorses.com - has a farm in Coatesville. He did a clinic for our pony club kids and was very patient with them. They all liked him and hope to have him back. I believe he will also come to you, depending on his schedule.

Jan & Jeremy Beale - been in Chester Springs for years. Great reputation. And Jeremy does know something about eventing...

Gail O'Neil is in Chester Springs. She's coached some pony club stuff and is well respected and popular with the kids.

The Rawles - http://www.watermark-farm.net/services.html Both post on here. The family has always had a stellar reputation and they breed gorgeous horses too.

Carrie Butler in Avondale. She is awesome. Very knowledgeable, and positive with out being silly.

Love her.

Just took a friend to her who had been riding for years with a BNT in the area, and after the lesson, friend was amazed! And during, really. Carrie addressed and helped with things that had never been addressed and had been frustrating my friend for years.

As an event rider, I'm sure you are familiar with Missy Ransehousen. Well, how about her mother, Jessica? She was my coach for several years while I was living in the area. http://bluehillfarmpa.com/ They are located just outside of Unionville. Jessica was on our Olympic team in 1960, 1964, and 1988.