The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 23 yo TB Mare - Free Lease as Companion in AL

I am looking for a companion home for my super sweet 23 year old TB mare. She is not sound for riding or breeding, so she is suitable for a companion only. She has periodontal disease so her teeth are pretty bad. She requires senior feed and takes a long time to eat so she cannot be fed in a field with other horses.

The farm where she is currently boarded will be shutting down sometime in the near future, so I would like to find a loving home for her soon. I would prefer that she stay within 5 hours or so of Birmingham, AL. She does best in a quiet environment with one or two other horses, so I think a companion situation would work well for her.

Before the haters come out...I am not looking to dump her on anyone. This mare has been unsound for 10 years and I have been paying for her to be stall boarded that entire time! It would be nice to put some of that extra cash toward showing, though. However, I would be happy to pay for her feed, wormer, and vaccines if needed.

Feel free to ask any questions

Looks as if a friend of mine is going to provide a great home for my mare. If anyone really NEEDS a companion horse in my area, let me know and I'll definately consider it...but otherwise my little girl is off the market. Thanks